Table of contents:
True Track Test Strips are blood glucose test strips used for measuring blood sugar levels. They are designed for precise and accurate blood glucose measurements and are compatible with the TRUEtrack Meter.
These test strips feature patented TRUEfill technology with a beveled tip, which allows for greater sampling precision and first-test success. They are designed to deliver high accuracy with their hydrophilic coating, which promotes fast blood absorption.
True Track Test Strips are used for blood glucose monitoring. They work by drawing a small blood sample from a fingertip or alternate site using a lancing device. The blood sample is then applied to the test strip, which is inserted into a glucose meter. The meter analyzes the blood sample and displays the blood glucose level.
Use and Dosage
Start using True Track Test Strips by washing your hands with soap and warm water. Dry them thoroughly before handling the test strips. Set the desired depth and load a lancet into the device. Take a True Track Test Strip and insert it into the compatible glucose meter according to the meter's instructions. The meter should turn on automatically.
Use the lancet device to prick the side of your fingertip or an alternate site recommended by your healthcare provider. Gently squeeze your finger to get a small drop of blood. Touch the drop of blood to the designated area on the True Track Test Strip. The strip will draw in the blood sample through capillary action. The glucose meter will analyze the blood sample and display the blood glucose level on its screen. Wait for the meter to provide the result, which usually takes a few seconds.
If desired, record the blood glucose level in a logbook or on a digital device for future reference or to share with your healthcare provider. Safely dispose of the used test strip according to local waste disposal guidelines.
Forms and Strength
True Track Test Strips (Test Strips - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
True Track Test Strips: Test Strips
- No dose
- Proper storage: Store the test strips in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight and extreme temperatures. Exposure to heat, humidity, or moisture may affect the accuracy and performance of the strips.
- Check expiration date: Always check the expiration date on the packaging before using the test strips. Expired strips may provide inaccurate results and should not be used.
- Use with the correct meter: True Track Test Strips are designed to be used with the TRUEtrack Meter. Make sure you are using the correct meter for accurate results. Using the strips with an incompatible meter may lead to incorrect readings.
- Follow instructions carefully: Read and follow the instructions provided with the test strips and the meter. Improper usage may lead to inaccurate results.
- Check for damage: Before using a test strip, visually inspect it for any signs of damage, such as tears, creases, or discoloration. Do not use damaged strips, as they may affect the accuracy of the readings.
- Clean hands and site: Ensure that your hands and the testing site are clean and dry before performing a blood glucose test. Contaminants on the hands or the testing site may affect the accuracy of the readings.
- Consult healthcare professional: If you have any concerns or questions about the use of True Track Test Strips, consult with your healthcare professional or diabetes care team for guidance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can True Track Test Strips be used with any glucose meter?
True Track Test Strips are designed to be used with the True Track Smart System glucose meter. They may not be compatible with other glucose meters. Use the correct test strips recommended for your specific glucose meter.
How long do True Track Test Strips last?
True Track Test Strips have an expiration date printed on the packaging. Once opened, the test strips should be used within a certain timeframe (usually 3 to 6 months) as indicated in the product instructions.
Can True Track Test Strips be used for ketone testing?
No, True Track Test Strips are specifically designed for blood glucose testing and are not intended for ketone testing. For ketone testing, separate ketone test strips and a compatible meter should be used.
It's important to purchase True Track Test Strips from verified Canadian pharmacy.