Table of contents:
BD Blunt Fill and Blunt Filter needles are specifically designed to reduce the risk of needlestick injuries during medication preparation. These needles have a blunt tip instead of a sharp tip, which helps prevent accidental needlestick injuries. The blunt tip allows for easier penetration and reduces the risk of needlestick injuries when accessing medication vials or ampules.
The BD Blunt Fill and Blunt Filter needles are also equipped with a filter membrane to help reduce the presence of particles when withdrawing medications from glass reservoirs. This feature helps ensure the quality and integrity of the medication being prepared.
The BD Blunt Fill and Blunt Filter needles are recommended for use with glass ampules only, and not with plastic ampules or other types of containers. This is because the design and function of these needles are optimized for use with glass ampules.
- The BD Blunt Needle Filter has a blunt tip, which helps reduce the risk of needlestick injuries by minimizing the sharpness of the needle.
- The BD Blunt Needle Filter is equipped with a filter. This filter helps remove particulate matter or contaminants during the medication draw-up process, ensuring a cleaner solution.
- The BD Blunt Needle Filter features a Luer lock connection, which allows it to securely attach to a syringe with a compatible Luer lock fitting.
- The BD Blunt Needle Filter is designed for single-use only. It should be discarded after use to maintain sterility and prevent cross-contamination.
Use and Dosage
To use the BD Blunt Needle Filter, follow these general steps:
- Prepare the medication or solution: Ensure that the vial or container containing the medication or solution is properly prepared and ready for use.
- Attach the BD Blunt Needle Filter: Remove the protective cover from the BD Blunt Needle Filter and attach it to the syringe by twisting it onto the syringe's Luer lock connection.
- Insert the needle into the vial: Carefully insert the needle of the BD Blunt Needle Filter into the vial or container containing the medication or solution. Make sure the needle is properly inserted through the rubber stopper or other access point.
- Withdraw the medication or solution: Slowly pull back on the plunger of the syringe to withdraw the desired amount of medication or solution into the syringe. The filter in the BD Blunt Needle Filter will help remove any particulate matter or contaminants during the withdrawal process.
- Remove the needle from the vial: Once you have withdrawn the desired amount of medication or solution, carefully remove the needle from the vial or container.
- Discard the used needle: Immediately after use, detach the BD Blunt Needle Filter from the syringe and discard it into an approved sharps collector. Do not attempt to recap the needle to avoid the risk of needlestick injuries.
Forms and Strength
Needle BD Blunt Needle Filter (Needle - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Needle BD Blunt Needle Filter: Needle Filter
- 18G - 1 1/2inch
- Sharps Safety: Needles should be handled with caution to prevent accidental needlestick injuries. Proper sharps disposal should be followed to avoid the risk of infection or injury.
- Proper Use: Needles should be used for their intended purposes and in accordance with manufacturer instructions. Ensure proper technique and adherence to safety guidelines during needle use.
- Compatibility: Ensure that the BD Blunt Needle Filter is compatible with the specific medication or solution being used. Some medications may require specific types of needles or filters, consult the medication's instructions or a healthcare professional for guidance.
- Single Use: Needles are designed for single-use only and should not be reused. Reusing needles can increase the risk of contamination and infection.
- Quality Control: Regular inspection should be conducted to ensure the integrity of the needle, including checking for any damage or defects. Damaged or compromised needles should be discarded.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can BD Blunt Needle Filter be used for withdrawing medications from vials?
Yes, BD Blunt Needle Filter can be used for withdrawing medications from vials. The filter membrane helps reduce the presence of particulate matter during the withdrawal process, ensuring a cleaner and safer medication preparation.
Are BD Blunt Needle Filter needles compatible with all syringes?
BD Blunt Needle Filter needles are designed to be compatible with most standard syringes. However, check the compatibility of the needle with the specific syringe you are using to ensure a proper fit.
Can BD Blunt Needle Filter be used with hazardous drugs or chemotherapy medications?
BD Blunt Needle Filter is not specifically designed for use with hazardous drugs or chemotherapy medications.
How should I dispose of used BD Blunt Needle Filter needles?
Used BD Blunt Needle Filter needles should be disposed of in an appropriate sharps container. Follow proper disposal procedures to prevent accidental needlestick injuries and ensure the safe disposal of medical waste.
It's important to purchase Needle BD Blunt Needle Filter from verified Canadian pharmacy.