Table of contents:
One Touch Delica Lancets are used for blood glucose testing in individuals with diabetes. These lancets are designed to prick the skin and obtain a small blood sample for glucose monitoring. They are typically used in conjunction with a compatible lancing device, such as the OneTouch Delica Plus lancing device.
The lancets are inserted into the lancing device, and the device is used to puncture the skin, allowing for blood collection. The collected blood sample can then be applied to a test strip or other glucose monitoring device for analysis. One Touch Delica Lancets are designed to provide a comfortable and virtually pain-free testing experience, and they come in different needle gauges, such as Extra Fine (33G) and Fine (30G), with silicone-coating for smooth gliding into the skin.
The OneTouch Delica Plus lancing device offers multiple depth settings, usually 13 settings, which allow for better control and customization based on individual preferences and skin types. The user can adjust the depth setting based on their comfort level and the desired blood sample size.
Use and Dosage
To use OneTouch Delica Lancets, follow these general steps:
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water, then dry thoroughly. Gather all the necessary supplies, including your OneTouch Delica lancing device, OneTouch Delica Lancets, and alcohol swabs if desired.
- Remove the cap from the lancet device. Insert a new lancet firmly into the device until it clicks into place. Remove the protective cap from the lancet.
- Some OneTouch Delica lancing devices have depth settings that allow you to adjust the penetration depth according to your skin's thickness. Check your specific lancing device for instructions on adjusting the depth setting, if applicable.
- Choose a clean fingertip for testing. If desired, clean the fingertip with an alcohol swab and allow it to dry before proceeding.
- Place the loaded lancet against the chosen fingertip and press the release button or trigger to activate the lancet. The device will quickly and automatically retract the lancet after use.
- Gently squeeze the fingertip to form a small drop of blood. Touch the test strip or blood glucose meter to the blood droplet to collect the sample, following the instructions specific to your blood glucose monitoring system.
After use, carefully remove the lancet and dispose of it properly. Some lancing devices have a built-in lancet ejection system, while others require manual removal and disposal in a sharps container.
Common Side Effects of One Touch Delica Lancets (Lancets - non-Rx):
- Mild pain
- Bleeding at the puncture site
- Pain or bleeding
Forms and Strength
One Touch Delica Lancets (Lancets - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
One Touch Delica Lancets: Lancets
- No dose
- Ensure that you are using the OneTouch Delica Lancets with the appropriate OneTouch Delica lancing device. Using lancets with incompatible devices may lead to improper use and potential safety risks.
- OneTouch Delica Lancets are intended for single-use only. Do not reuse lancets to avoid the risk of infection or contamination. After each use, make sure to properly dispose of the lancet in a sharps container or another appropriate container to prevent accidental needlestick injuries.
- Dispose of used lancets in a puncture-resistant container to prevent accidental injuries. Follow local regulations for the proper disposal of medical waste.
- Handle lancets with care to avoid accidental needlestick injuries. Keep lancets out of reach of children and pets. Sharing lancets can increase the risk of cross-contamination and the transmission of infectious diseases. Each person should use their own lancet to ensure safety and hygiene.
- Before using a lancet, inspect it for any signs of damage, such as bent or dull needles. Using a damaged lancet can cause additional pain or discomfort during testing, and it may not provide accurate results.
- Store OneTouch Delica Lancets in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and extreme temperatures. Avoid storing them in humid environments.
- Ensure that the lancets are compatible with your specific lancing device. If you have any doubts, refer to the manufacturer's instructions or consult with a healthcare professional.
- Although the OneTouch Delica Lancets are designed for smooth gliding and reduced discomfort, individual experiences may vary. If you experience excessive pain or discomfort during testing, consult with your healthcare professional.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are all OneTouch test strips compatible with all OneTouch meters?
No, not all OneTouch test strips are compatible with all OneTouch meters.
Can OneTouch Delica Plus lancets be used with other lancing devices?
OneTouch Delica Plus lancets are designed specifically for use with the OneTouch Delica Plus lancing device. They may not be compatible with other lancing devices. Use the lancets with the corresponding lancing device for optimal performance and safety.
How many depth settings are available with the OneTouch Delica Plus lancing device?
The OneTouch Delica Plus lancing device offers 13 depth settings. These depth settings provide better control during blood glucose testing, allowing you to adjust the depth according to your individual needs.
Where can I buy OneTouch products, including lancets?
OneTouch test supplies, including lancets, are widely available at retail pharmacies, through mail order services, and on platforms like Amazon. You can check with your local pharmacy or visit online retailers to purchase OneTouch products.
It's important to purchase One Touch Delica Lancets from verified Canadian pharmacy.