Table of contents:
Zincofax Fragrance-Free is a diaper rash cream that is designed for babies with fragrance-sensitive skin or for parents who prefer an odorless product. It can be used to prevent, treat, and heal diaper rash. It contains White Petrolatum and zinc oxide as the active ingredient, which is known for its soothing and healing properties.
The white petrolatum, also known as petroleum jelly, is an emollient that helps to moisturize the skin and restore its natural barrier function. Zinc oxide, on the other hand, is known for its anti-inflammatory and healing properties, and helps to soothe and protect the skin from further irritation. When used in combination, these ingredients can help to alleviate diaper rash symptoms and promote healing of the affected area.
Use and Dosage
Apply a small amount of Zincofax to the affected area after cleaning and drying the skin. Use at each diaper change as needed.
Here are some general steps to follow when using Zincofax Fragrance Free:
- Cleanse the diaper area with warm water and mild soap, and pat dry with a clean cloth or towel.
- Squeeze a small amount of Zincofax Fragrance Free cream onto your fingertips or onto a clean cloth.
- Gently apply the cream in a thin layer to the affected area, making sure to cover all red, irritated skin. Do not rub the cream in too vigorously.
- Reapply the cream at each diaper change or as directed by your doctor or healthcare provider.
Note that the specific usage instructions may vary depending on the severity of the diaper rash and the age of the baby, so it is always advisable to follow the package directions and consult with a doctor or healthcare provider if you have any concerns.
Common Side Effects of Zincofax Fragrance Free (White Petrolatum/Zinc Oxide - non-Rx):
- Skin rash
Serious Side Effects of Zincofax Fragrance Free (White Petrolatum/Zinc Oxide - non-Rx):
- Worsening of diaper rash
Forms and Strengths
Zincofax Fragrance Free (White Petrolatum/Zinc Oxide - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Zincofax Fragrance Free: Cream
- Avoid using the product on broken or irritated skin, as it may cause further irritation or infection.
- Consult with a healthcare professional before using the product on a child under two years of age, or if you have a pre-existing medical condition or are taking medication.
- If the rash persists or worsens after using the product for a few days, stop using it and consult with a healthcare professional.
- Do not apply the product over a large area of the body, as excessive use may lead to systemic absorption of the active ingredients.
- Keep the product out of the reach of children and pets and avoid storing it under direct sunlight or high temperatures.
- While Zincofax Fragrance-Free is generally considered safe to use, there is a rare possibility of an allergic reaction or skin irritation in some individuals. If you experience any unusual symptoms such as itching, redness, or swelling after using the product, stop using it and contact a healthcare professional.
- Avoid using the product for extended periods of time, as it may dry out the skin and cause additional irritation or cracking.
- Use caution when applying the product to avoid contact with the eyes or mouth, as it may cause discomfort or irritation.
- If you accidentally ingest the product, seek medical attention immediately and bring the product label or container with you for reference.
- While the product is labeled as fragrance-free, it may still contain some natural or essential oils that could cause a reaction in individuals who are extremely sensitive to ingredients. If you have concerns about specific ingredients, consult with a healthcare professional or pharmacist before using the product.
- If you are using the product in combination with other topical medications or treatments, consult with a healthcare professional before use to avoid potential interactions or adverse effects.
- While zinc oxide is considered safe for most individuals, there is some evidence to suggest that high levels of exposure to certain forms of zinc can have toxic effects. If you have concerns about zinc exposure or experience unusual symptoms after using the product, consult with a healthcare professional.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is Zincofax safe to use?
Yes, Zincofax is generally considered safe and effective for treating diaper rash. However, as with any medication, follow the directions for use and consult with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns.
How long does it take Zincofax Fragrance Free to start working?
Results may vary, but Zincofax Fragrance Free provides a soothing, protective layer that can help relieve diaper rash discomfort and promote healing soon after application.
Is Zincofax Fragrance Free safe for sensitive skin?
Yes, Zincofax Fragrance Free is formulated specifically for sensitive skin as it is free from fragrance, paraben, and phthalate.
It's important to purchase Zincofax Fragrance Free from verified Canadian pharmacy.