Table of contents:
Dermasone Scalp Lotion is a medication used to treat inflammatory dermatoses of the scalp with dandruff and flaking.
Dermasone Scalp Lotion contains Clobetasol Propionate, which is a potent topical corticosteroid that helps reduce swelling, itching, and redness of the scalp. It works by blocking the secretion of adrenocorticotropic hormone and inhibiting the production of inflammatory mediators.
Use and Dosage
Dermason is available in a 60 ml bottle Lotion and is used topically on the scalp. It is to be applied to the affected area(s) of the scalp twice a day, or as directed by a healthcare professional. Follow the instructions provided by your healthcare provider or pharmacist for the proper use of Dermasone Scalp Lotion.
To use Dermasone Scalp Lotion:
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- Part your hair and apply the lotion directly to the affected areas of the scalp.
- Rub the lotion in gently and evenly, being careful not to apply too much.
- Repeat the process for all affected areas of the scalp.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after applying the lotion.
Use Dermasone Scalp Lotion exactly as directed by your healthcare provider. Do not use more of the lotion than prescribed or for longer than recommended. If you have any questions or concerns about how to use the lotion, consult your healthcare provider.
Common Side Effects of Dermasone Scalp Lotion (Clobetasol Propionate):
- Acneiform eruptions
- Allergic contact dermatitis
- Maceration of the skin
- Secondary infection
- Skin atrophy
- Dermasone Scalp Lotion may also cause side-effects not listed here.
Serious Side Effects of Dermasone Scalp Lotion (Clobetasol Propionate):
- Allergic reactions, such as: hives, swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat, and difficulty breathing
- Skin thinning and discoloration
- Stretch marks
- Increased risk of infections, particularly if used for long periods of time or on large areas of the body
- Worsening of existing skin conditions or development of new ones
- Vision changes or increased eye pressure, particularly if applied near the eyes
Forms and Strength
Dermasone Scalp Lotion (Clobetasol Propionate) is available in the following forms and strength:
Clobetasol Propionate: Scalp Lotion
- Dermasone Scalp Lotion should be used only under the supervision of a qualified healthcare provider.
- Dermasone Scalp Lotion should not be used for more than 2 weeks at a time.
- Dermasone Scalp Lotion should not be used on broken or infected skin.
- It should not be applied to the face, underarms, or groin area.
- Dermasone Scalp Lotion may cause skin thinning, discoloration, or stretch marks with prolonged use.
- Dermasone Scalp Lotion may also cause absorption of the medication and lead to side effects in other parts of the body.
- Dermasone Scalp Lotion should not be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding without consulting a healthcare provider.
- Patients should inform their healthcare provider about any other medications or medical conditions they have before using Dermasone Scalp Lotion.
- Use of Dermasone Scalp Lotion may increase the risk of eye problems, such as glaucoma or cataracts.
- Dermasone Scalp Lotion should not be used by children under 12 years old without the advice of a healthcare provider.
- Patients should avoid getting the lotion in their eyes, nose, or mouth.
- It may interact with other medications, so patients should inform their healthcare provider about all medications they are taking before using Dermasone Scalp Lotion.
- Patients should not use more of the lotion than they have been prescribed, and they should not use it more frequently than directed by their healthcare provider.
- If a patient experiences any side effects while using Dermasone Scalp Lotion, they should inform their healthcare provider immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Dermasone Scalp Lotion used for?
Dermasone Scalp Lotion is used to treat inflammatory skin conditions of the scalp, such as psoriasis and eczema.
How should I use Dermasone Scalp Lotion?
Dermasone Scalp Lotion should be used as directed by your healthcare provider. Typically, it is applied to the affected areas of the scalp twice daily.
How long can I use Dermasone Scalp Lotion?
Dermasone Scalp Lotion should not be used for more than 2 weeks at a time, unless specifically instructed by your healthcare provider.
Can I use Dermasone Scalp Lotion if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
You should consult with your healthcare provider before using Dermasone Scalp Lotion if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
It's important to purchase Dermasone Scalp Lotion from verified Canadian pharmacy.