Table of contents:
Betnovate-N Cream is a topical medicine commonly used to treat several types of skin infections. It can be used to treat eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and other skin conditions that involve inflammation and infection.
Betnovate-N Cream contains two active ingredients, Betamethasone Valerate (a steroid) and Neomycin Sulphate (an antibiotic). Betamethasone Valerate is a type of medicine called a corticosteroid. It blocks the release of certain chemicals in the body (such as prostaglandins) that cause inflammation, redness and swelling. Neomycin Sulphate is an antibiotic that is used to kill bacteria that cause infections on the skin.
Use and Dosage
Betnovate-N cream should only be used as directed by a doctor or as per the instructions provided on the packaging. The duration of the treatment may vary depending on the severity of the skin condition being treated. Do not use more than the prescribed amount or use it for a longer period than recommended, as doing so can increase the risk of side effects. Finish your entire course of treatment even if your symptoms begin to clear up after a few days. If the symptoms are not resolved within seven days, consult your doctor before continuing the treatment.
To use Betnovate-N cream, first wash your hands. Apply a thin layer of Betnovate-N cream to the affected area once or twice a day, and to gently rub it into the skin until it is absorbed. Be sure to avoid contact with your eyes, mouth, ears, nose, or open wounds. After application, wash your hands again.
Do not cover the application site with bandages, dressings, or clothes unless instructed by your doctor. This medicine is for external use only and should not be used on your face unless instructed by your doctor. Do not use Betnovate-N cream on children under 1 year of age. Follow your doctor's instructions for the correct dose and duration of therapy. Do not use the cream for longer than your doctor has recommended.
Common Side Effects of Betnovate N Cream (Betamethasone Valerate/Neomycin):
- Burning sensation at the application site
- Change in skin color
- Dry or scaly skin
- Increased hair growth
- Itching of skin
- Redness of skin
- Skin irritation
- Skin rash
- Skin thinning
- Stretch marks
Serious Side Effects of Betnovate N Cream (Betamethasone Valerate/Neomycin):
- Application site reactions (such as burning sensation, irritation or itching)
- Weight gain, rounding of the face and high blood pressure
- Visibility of veins present beneath the skin
- Worsening of existing skin condition
Forms and Strength
Betnovate N Cream (Betamethasone Valerate/Neomycin) is available in the following forms and strength:
Betnovate N Cream: Cream
Betnovate N Cream (Betamethasone Valerate/Neomycin) Cautions
- Betnovate N cream should not be used on broken or infected skin.
- It should not be used for a long duration or on large areas of skin without a doctor's prescription.
- Betnovate N cream should not be used by individuals with a known allergy to betamethasone, neomycin, or any of the other ingredients in the cream.
- It should not be used on the face, except under the supervision of a doctor.
- Betnovate N cream can cause side effects such as skin irritation, burning, itching, and redness. If such effects persist, discontinue use, and consult a doctor.
- This cream can cause thinning or weakening of the skin, especially if used for a prolonged period. It can also increase the risk of skin infections.
- Long-term use of Betnovate N cream can lead to systemic side effects, such as Cushing's syndrome, for which regular monitoring is necessary.
- Betnovate N cream can interact with other medications, including other topical medications. Inform your doctor or pharmacist of all medications you are taking, including over-the-counter medications and supplements, before using Betnovate N cream.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can Betnovate N cream be used to treat acne?
Betnovate N cream is not recommended for treating acne, as it contains corticosteroids which can exacerbate acne, making it worse.
How often should Betnovate N cream be applied?
Betnovate N cream should be applied to the affected area(s) once or twice daily, or as directed by a doctor.
Can Betnovate N cream be used on children?
Betnovate N cream should not be used on children under one year of age, and only under the direction of a doctor for children between one and six years of age.
Is Betnovate N cream available over the counter?
Betnovate N cream is a prescription medication and is not available over the counter.
It's important to purchase Betnovate N Cream from verified Canadian pharmacy.