- FREE Express Shipping On Orders $99+
Finacea Gel (Azelaic Acid)Prescription Required
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Table of contents:
Finacea gel is a prescription medication used for the treatment of the inflammatory papules and pustules of mild to moderate rosacea. The active ingredient in Finacea gel is azelaic acid. Azelaic acid reduces the production of substances in the skin that cause inflammation, redness, and pimples, making it an effective treatment for symptoms of rosacea.
Finacea gel is available in a 15% concentration and is intended for topical use on the face. Finacea gel is available by prescription only and should be used as directed by your doctor.
Uses and Dosage
To use Finacea Gel, start by cleaning the affected area with a mild soap or soap-free cleanser and patting it dry. Apply a thin layer of the medication to the affected area usually twice daily or as directed by your doctor, and gently massage it in. Be sure to wash your hands well after application. You may apply makeup after the medication has dried.
Avoid getting any Finacea Gel in the eyes or inside the nose or mouth. If it does get in your eyes, rinse them right away with plenty of water and call your doctor if there is eye irritation that persists. Do not use large amounts of Finacea Gel or apply it more often than directed, as this will not clear the condition faster and may increase the chance of side effects. Improvement is usually seen within 4 weeks, but it may take several weeks of continued use before the full effects of this medication are seen.
Inform your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or worsen. Remember to disclose your entire medical history to your physician before starting to use Finacea Gel, including any history of skin conditions or asthma. Certain diseases or disorders may greatly affect how your body will respond to the treatment.
Common Side Effects of Finacea Gel (Azelaic Acid):
- Dry skin
- Erythema or skin redness
- Feeling of pins and needles on the skin
- Skin inflammation, irritation, burning, stinging, scaling, or swelling
Serious Side Effects of Finacea Gel (Azelaic Acid):
- Changes in taste
- Dry mouth
- Furry tongue
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
- Trouble breathing
Form and Strength
Finacea Gel (Azelaic Acid) is available in the following forms and strength:
· Finacea Gel: Gel
- Before starting to use Finacea Gel (Azelaic Acid), you should disclose your entire medical history to your physician. This includes any history of skin conditions or asthma. Certain diseases or disorders may greatly affect how your body will respond to the treatment.
- Finacea Gel may cause side effects such as severe burning, stinging, warmth, itching, and dryness at the application site. Other common side effects may include scaling, tingling, tightness, redness, irritation, and swelling at the site of application. Finacea Gel should be used only with a prescription from a doctor.
- Avoid the use of Finacea Gel in patients with known hypersensitivity to any component of the gel. If hypersensitivity develops during treatment, discontinue using the gel and take appropriate therapy.
- If you experience skin irritation while using Finacea Gel, especially during the initial weeks of treatment, it is recommended that you discontinue treatment and seek appropriate therapy if sensitivity or severe irritation persists.
- Avoid any foods or liquids that may bring on redness, flushing, or blushing of the skin while using Finacea Gel (Azelaic Acid). These foods can include spicy foods, alcohol, hot drinks, and other items that may trigger skin reactions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Does Finacea Gel make you more sensitive to the sun?
Unlike other skin treatments, this drug does not make you more sensitive to the sun.
Can I apply makeup or other facial products while I’m using Finacea?
Yes, you can apply certain types of makeup and other facial products while you are using Finacea.
How does Finacea gel work?
Finacea gel works by reducing inflammation and the number of inflamed skin lesions.
Is Finacea gel available over the counter?
No, Finacea gel is available by prescription only.
30g, 60g, 90g
Online Pharmacies Canada has provided information from third parties intended to increase awareness and does not contain all the information about Finacea Gel (Azelaic Acid). Talk to your doctor or other qualified medical practitioners for medical attention or advice, or if you have any concerns about Finacea Gel (Azelaic Acid).