Table of contents:
Tazorac Cream is a prescription medicine used to treat the symptoms of Acne Vulgaris, Psoriasis, and wrinkles. It contains the active ingredient tazarotene. Tazarotene is in a class of medications called retinoids. It works to treat acne and psoriasis by slowing skin cell overgrowth and decreasing skin cell inflammation, which can lead to acne or psoriasis.
Tazarotene is available in different strengths (0.05% and 0.1%). The cream can bind specific receptors in the skin and regulate the growth and differentiation of skin cells.
Uses and Dosage
Tazarotene is a cream that is applied to the affected part of the skin. Typically, it is used once a day, in the evening, and should be applied at around the same time every day. Carefully follow the directions on your prescription label and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any parts you do not understand. Use Tazarotene exactly as directed, and do not use more or less of it or use it more often than prescribed by your doctor.
To use Tazorac Cream, you should follow the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist. However, here are some general guidelines on how to use Tazorac Cream based on the search results:
- Cleanse the affected area of the skin before applying the cream.
- Apply a thin layer of Tazorac Cream to the affected area once a day, preferably in the evening.
- Avoid applying Tazorac Cream to areas of skin that are broken or have eczema.
- Be sure to wash your hands after applying Tazorac Cream.
Use Tazarotene cream regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, use it at the same time each day. Do not use large amounts or apply Tazarotene more often or use for longer than prescribed. Your condition will not improve faster, and your risk of side effects will increase.
Common Side Effects of Tazorac Cream (Tazarotene):
- Burning or stinging
- Dry skin
- Pain on the application site
- Skin sensitivity to sunlight
Serious Side Effects of Tazorac Cream (Tazarotene):
- Severe skin irritation after application (stinging, itching, burning)
- Severe redness or discomfort
- Warmth, swelling, oozing, or other signs of skin infection
Form and Strength
Tazorac Cream (Tazarotene) is available in the following forms and strengths:
Tazorac Cream: Cream
- Tazorac Cream may cause skin irritation, redness, dryness, and itching in some people.
- People who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant should talk to their doctor before using Tazorac Cream, as it may cause harm to a developing fetus.
- Tazorac Cream should not be used on areas of the skin that are sunburned or on open wounds.
- People who are using other medications or skincare products on the same skin area as Tazorac Cream should talk to their doctor about any potential drug interactions or side effects.
- Tazorac Cream may increase sensitivity to sunlight, so people who use this medication should avoid prolonged sun exposure and use protective clothing and sunscreen.
- People with a history of eczema or sensitive skin may be more likely to experience skin irritation from Tazorac Cream.
- Tazorac Cream should not be used on areas of the skin with a history of cutaneous epithelioma, as it may increase the risk of skin cancer in those areas.
- Tazorac Cream may interact with other medications, including other topical products, so inform your doctor of any medications you are taking before using Tazorac Cream.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is Tazorac Cream safe for everyone to use?
Tazorac Cream should be used with caution in people with sensitive skin or a history of eczema, and it should not be used on areas of skin with a history of cutaneous epithelioma. Talk to your doctor about your medical history and any concerns you may have before using this medication.
Can Tazorac Cream be used to treat wrinkles?
Yes, Tazorac Cream has been shown to be effective in reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
How long does it take for Tazorac Cream to work?
Results can vary, but it may take several weeks to see improvements in the skin after starting Tazorac Cream.
Can Tazorac Cream be used on children?
Tazorac Cream has not been studied in children under 12 years old, and it should only be used in children under the supervision of a healthcare professional.
How should I store Tazorac Cream?
Tazorac Cream should be stored at room temperature (68°F to 77°F) and kept out of the reach of children.
It's important to purchase Tazorac Cream from verified Canadian pharmacy.