Table of contents:
Analpram HC Cream is a prescription medication used to treat pain, itching, swelling, and discomfort caused by various skin conditions, including hemorrhoids. It contains hydrocortisone acetate (a corticosteroid) and pramoxine hydrochloride (a local anesthetic).
Hydrocortisone is a topical corticosteroid that works by reducing inflammation and swelling in the affected area. It does this by inhibiting the production of certain chemicals in the body that cause inflammation.
Pramoxine is a topical anesthetic that works by temporarily numbing the area. It does this by blocking nerve signals in the area, which reduces the sensation of pain and itching. Together, these two medications work to relieve symptoms such as pain, itching, and inflammation in the affected area.
Use and Dosage
Analpram HC Cream is typically applied to the affected area three or four times daily, or as directed by a healthcare professional. Before using the Cream, clean the affected area with mild soap and water, rinse well, and pat dry. Use the cream as directed by your doctor, usually 3 to 4 times daily, or after each bowel movement. The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment. To get the most benefit from the medication, use it regularly and at the same time each day.
Do not cover the area with plastic or waterproof bandages unless directed to do so by your doctor, as covering the treated area may increase the absorption of the medication through the skin. This may improve how well it works but may also increase the risk of side effects.
After use, wash your hands immediately and avoid getting the product in your eyes, nose, ears, or mouth. If the medication gets into these areas, rinse them immediately with clean water.
Do not use more of the medication, use it more often, or use it for longer than prescribed by your doctor. If you have been using the cream for a long time or in high doses, do not stop using it suddenly without your doctor's approval, as sudden withdrawal may worsen some conditions. Your dose may need to be gradually decreased.
Common Side Effects of Analpram HC Cream (Pramoxine/HC):
- Skin reactions (burning, irritation, dryness, redness, peeling)
- Changes in the color of treated skin
- Thinning of your skin
- Blistering skin
- Stretch marks
Serious Side Effects of Analpram HC Cream (Pramoxine/HC):
- Infection of hair follicles
- More body hair
- Changes in skin color
- Face rash around the mouth
Forms and Strength
Analpram HC Cream (Pramoxine/HC) is available in the following forms and strength:
Analpram HC Cream: Cream
- Do not use this medication in the eyes or on open wounds or cuts.
- Do not use this medication for longer than prescribed, as prolonged use may lead to skin thinning or other side effects.
- Do not cover the affected area with a bandage or dressing unless directed by a healthcare professional.
- This medication may interact with other medications you are taking, so it is important to inform your doctor of all medications you are currently using.
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, as the safety of this medication during pregnancy has not been established.
- Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding, as it is unknown if this medication passes into breast milk.
- This medication may cause side effects such as burning, itching, stinging, or redness at the application site. If you experience any of these side effects, contact your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How should I use Analpram HC Cream?
Analpram HC Cream is typically applied to the affected area three or four times daily, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Can I use Analpram HC Cream if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
You should talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, as the safety of this medication during pregnancy has not been established. It is also unknown if Analpram HC Cream passes into breast milk, so you should talk to your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
Is Analpram HC Cream safe to use with other medications?
This medication may interact with other medications you are taking, so it is important to inform your doctor of all medications you are currently using.
How quickly will I feel relief after using Pramosone?
You may start to feel relief from Pramosone (hydrocortisone / pramoxine) within a few minutes. The relief is only temporary, however, which is why you’ll need to use it throughout the day.
It's important to purchase Analpram HC Cream from verified Canadian pharmacy.