Table of contents:
Vioform Hydrocortisone Cream is a topical medication used to treat various skin conditions, including infections and inflammatory skin disorders such as eczema and dermatitis.
Vioform contains two active ingredients: clioquinol and hydrocortisone. Clioquinol is an anti-infective agent, while hydrocortisone is a topical corticosteroid. Together, these ingredients help to relieve skin irritation, itching, and redness.
Use and Dosage
Vioform Hydrocortisone Cream is usually applied to the affected area three or four times a day, or as prescribed by a healthcare professional. It should not be used on infected or oozing skin, and the cream should not be used more often or for a longer time than prescribed.
To use Vioform Hydrocortisone Cream, follow the instructions provided by your doctor. The cream should only be applied to the skin, after cleaning and drying the affected area thoroughly. Gently rub a thin layer of the cream onto the affected area, using your doctor's recommended frequency of 3 to 4 times daily. If you are using the medication to treat your hands, you may skip washing your hands after applying it.
Avoid applying the cream to the eyes, nose, mouth, or inside the vagina. In case of exposure, flush the affected area with plenty of water.
Use the cream exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If you miss a dose, apply it as soon as possible and continue with your regular schedule. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not apply a double dose to make up for a missed one. If you are not sure what to do after missing a dose, contact your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Common Side Effects of Vioform Hydrocortisone Cream (Clioquinol/Hydrocortisone):
- Yellow staining of the skin, nails, hair, or fabrics
Serious Side Effects of Vioform Hydrocortisone Cream (Clioquinol/Hydrocortisone):
- New burning, redness, itching, or irritation of the skin
- Skin rash
Forms and Strength
Vioform Hydrocortisone Cream (Clioquinol/Hydrocortisone) is available in the following forms and strength:
Vioform Hydrocortisone Cream: Cream
- Do not use the cream on infected or oozing skin.
- Do not use the cream more often or for a longer time than prescribed as it may cause skin thinning and other side effects.
- Avoid using the cream on the face or other sensitive areas unless specifically instructed by a healthcare professional.
- Inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have any allergies, medical conditions, or are taking any other medications, as they may interact with Vioform Hydrocortisone Cream.
- The cream may cause side effects such as burning, stinging, or itching, and you should contact your healthcare provider if these symptoms persist or become severe.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult with your healthcare provider before using Vioform Hydrocortisone Cream, as it may not be safe for use during these periods.
- According to the prescribing information, Vioform Hydrocortisone Cream is available in 20 g and 40 g tubes.
- Vioform Hydrocortisone Cream is primarily used to treat skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis, and inflammation caused by bacterial or fungal infections.
- The cream should not be used on the face or near the eyes and contact with the eyes should be avoided.
- Vioform Hydrocortisone Cream may interact with other medications, including blood thinners and certain antibiotics, so inform your healthcare provider of all medications you are currently taking.
- The medication label notes that Vioform Hydrocortisone Cream is not recommended for use on children under 2 years old.
- Like all medications, Vioform Hydrocortisone Cream should be stored out of reach from children and at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are there any side effects associated with Vioform Hydrocortisone Cream?
Yes, side effects of Vioform Hydrocortisone Cream may include burning, stinging, or itching at the site of application. These symptoms are generally mild and may go away on their own. Contact your healthcare provider if these symptoms persist or become severe.
Can hydrocortisone cream be used on hemorrhoids?
Yes, hydrocortisone cream can be used externally to treat hemorrhoids in adults.
Does Vioform Hydrocortisone Cream have any side effects?
Yes, possible side effects of Vioform Hydrocortisone Cream include skin irritation, burning, itching, and redness.
It's important to purchase Vioform Hydrocortisone Cream from verified Canadian pharmacy.