Table of contents:
Locacorten Vioform Eardrops is a medication used to treat external ear infections, particularly those caused by bacteria or fungi.
Locacorten Vioform contains two active ingredients, flumetasone pivalate (a type of corticosteroid) and clioquinol (an antibacterial and antifungal agent) that work together to relieve inflammation and fight the infection.
Use and Dosage
Locacorten Vioform Eardrops are for external use only and should not be taken by mouth. It must be used as directed by your doctor, and you should not use it more often, or for a longer period than specified by your doctor. The recommended dose is typically 2 to 3 drops twice daily for no more than 10 days.
If there is a discharge in your ear, your doctor or pharmacist may show you how to clean your ears before instilling the drops. You may also warm the eardrops to body temperature (but not warmer) before applying them by holding the bottle in your hands.
To apply the drops, lie down with the infected ear up and pull down gently on the ear lobe. Instill the prescribed number of drops in the ear canal and gently push on the ear until the drops are evenly spread. Do not let the dropper touch any surface, including the ear, to avoid contamination.
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as possible and continue with your regular schedule. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not instill a double dose to make up for a missed one. If you are not sure what to do after missing a dose, keep the container tightly closed after use.
Common Side Effects of Locacorten Vioform Eardrops (Clioquinol/Flumetasone):
- Bleaching of skin
- Burning, dryness, irritation, itching, or redness of skin (usually mild and temporary) in the area where the eardrops were applied
- Increased redness or scaling of skin sores (usually mild and temporary) in the area where the eardrops were applied
- Skin rash (usually mild and temporary) in the area where the eardrops were applied
- Yellow staining of the skin, nails, hair, or fabrics
Serious Side Effects of Locacorten Vioform Eardrops (Clioquinol/Flumetasone):
- Blood-containing blisters on skin (in the area where the eardrops were applied)
- Increased skin sensitivity (in the area where the eardrops were applied)
- Lack of healing of outer ear infection
- Raised, dark-red, or wart-like spots on skin (in the area where the eardrops were applied)
- Thinning of skin (in the area where the eardrops were applied)
Forms and Strength
Locacorten Vioform Eardrops (Clioquinol/Flumetasone) is available in the following forms and strength:
Locacorten Vioform Eardrops: Ear drops
- Allergy or hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients in the medication.
- Do not use it in patients with a viral or fungal infection of the ear, or in the presence of a ruptured eardrum, active tuberculosis, or herpes simplex virus infection.
- Prolonged or excessive use may lead to bacterial or fungal resistance or mask signs of infections.
- Long-term use or excessive use may lead to systemic side effects such as suppression of adrenal function and growth retardation in children.
- The medication should not be used during pregnancy or while breastfeeding without consulting a healthcare professional.
- Locacorten Vioform Eardrops may interact with other medications, supplements, or herbal products, inform a healthcare professional of all other medications being taken before using the medication.
- Locacorten Vioform should not be used on children under 1 year of age without first consulting a healthcare professional.
- Use with caution in patients with a history of tuberculosis, diabetes, or any other condition affecting the immune system.
- Locacorten Vioform may cause temporary blurred vision or other eye problems, avoid driving or operating heavy machinery until vision has returned to normal.
- Locacorten Vioform may cause skin irritation or worsening of symptoms, discontinue use and seek medical attention if these occur.
- Do not use it for longer than the recommended duration, as prolonged use can lead to pressure changes or fluid accumulation in the ear and increase the risk of fungal or bacterial infections.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can Locacorten Vioform Eardrops be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
Consult with a healthcare professional before using Locacorten Vioform Eardrops during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
Can Locacorten Vioform Eardrops be used in children?
Locacorten Vioform Eardrops should not be used on children under 1 year of age without first consulting a healthcare professional.
How long does Locacorten Vioform take to work?
It usually begins to work within the first few doses. Be sure to use the medication for the prescribed amount of time, even if the problem seems to have cleared, so that the infection will not recur.
It's important to purchase Locacorten Vioform Eardrops from verified Canadian pharmacy.