Table of contents:
Retin-A Micro Pump is a prescription medication used to treat acne. It contains the active ingredient tretinoin and is available in several strengths, including 0.1% and 0.04%. Tretinoin belongs to a class of medications called retinoids. Tretinoin works by reducing the number and severity of acne pimples and promoting quick healing of pimples that do develop.
Use and Dosage
To apply Retin-A Micro Pump cream, first wash your hands and then gently clean the affected area with a mild or soapfree cleanser and pat it dry. Use your fingertips to apply a small amount of the medication, which should be about the size of a pea, in a thin layer. This should be done once a day at bedtime or as directed by your doctor.
Avoid applying Retin-A Micro Pump gel to the inner lip area, inside the nose/mouth, or on cut, scraped, sunburned, or eczema-affected skin. It should also be kept away from the eyes, and in case of accidental contact with the eyes, flush with large amounts of water and call your doctor if irritation persists.
During the first few weeks of using tretinoin, it is possible that your acne might appear worse as the medication is working on pimples forming inside the skin. It may take up to 8-12 weeks to see results from the gel. To see the best results, use it regularly at the same time each day and not use a larger amount or more frequently than recommended. Using too much of the medication can increase the risk of developing redness, peeling, and pain.
Common Side Effects of Retin-A Micro Pump (Tretinoin):
- Burning, stinging, warm, or tingling sensation of the skin lasting for a brief time after applying
- Chapping or slight peeling of the skin
- Eye irritation
- Increased sensitivity to sunlight
- Redness of the skin
- Skin rash
- Temporary darkening or lightening of the skin
- Unusual dryness of the skin
Serious Side Effects of Retin-A Micro Pump (Tretinoin):
- Excessively red, swollen, blistered, or crusted skin
- Pain, burning sensation, tenderness, severe irritation, or itchy skin
- Signs of a serious allergic reaction (abdominal cramps, difficulty breathing, nausea and vomiting, or swelling of the face and throat)
Forms and Strength
Retin-A Micro Pump (Tretinoin) is available in the following forms and strength:
Requip XL: Gel Pump
- Use it with caution in individuals with a history of eczema or sunburn.
- Do not use it on sunburned, windburned, dry, chapped, or irritated skin.
- May cause increased sensitivity to sunlight, so avoid excessive exposure to sunlight or artificial UV rays.
- Should not be used during pregnancy or while breastfeeding without first consulting with a healthcare provider.
- May interact with other medications, so inform your healthcare provider of all medications you are taking before starting treatment with Retin-A Micro Pump.
- Side effects may include redness, itching, burning, stinging, or peeling of the skin, particularly when used for the first time.
- Retin-A Micro Pump may take several weeks or even months to improve acne, and it may not work for everybody.
- Do not use Retin-A Micro Pump on skin that is exposed to extreme wind or cold, as it may worsen symptoms or cause blistering.
- If you experience severe skin irritation, stop using the medication and consult your healthcare provider.
- Do not apply Retin-A Micro Pump to the corners of the nose, mouth, or eyes, or to mucous membranes as it may cause severe irritation.
- Do not use the medication on cuts or wounds as it may cause severe irritation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is Retin-A Micro Pump safe for all skin types?
Retin-A Micro Pump can be used on most skin types but may cause irritation or dryness in some individuals. Start with a low concentration and gradually increase as tolerated.
Can I use Retin-A Micro Pump while pregnant or breastfeeding?
Do not use Retin-A Micro Pump while pregnant or breastfeeding, as it may be harmful to the developing fetus or infant.
Can Retin-A Micro Pump be used with other skincare products?
Retin-A Micro Pump should not be used with other topical acne medications or products that contain alpha hydroxy or glycolic acids, as this may increase the risk of irritation.
How long does it take to see results with Retin-A Micro Pump?
It may take several weeks or months to see results with Retin-A Micro Pump, depending on the severity of the skin condition being treated. Use the product consistently and as directed to see the best results.
It's important to purchase Retin-A Micro Pump from verified Canadian pharmacy.