Table of contents:
The 31G - 8mm Short Ultra Fine Pen Needle is a type of insulin pen needle that is commonly used for subcutaneous injections of medications, particularly insulin. It has a gauge size of 31G, which indicates the thickness of the needle, and a length of 8mm (5/16 inch).
The needle is designed to be ultra-fine, allowing for a more comfortable injection experience. It may feature special lubrication for reduced friction and a fine point needle tip for easier insertion. The 31G - 8mm Short Ultra Fine Pen Needle is compatible with most insulin pens.
Use and Dosage
To use the 31G - 8mm Short Ultra Fine Pen Needle, ensure you have the correct medication and insulin pen ready for use. Follow the instructions provided by your healthcare professional or the medication packaging. Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water before handling the pen needle and preparing for the injection. This helps maintain proper hygiene and reduce the risk of infection.
Remove the cap from the insulin pen and carefully screw on the 31G - 8mm Short Ultra Fine Pen Needle. Ensure it is securely attached but do not overtighten. Follow the specific instructions provided with your pen device to prime the pen and remove any air bubbles from the needle. This step helps ensure accurate dosage delivery.
Choose an appropriate injection site, typically the fatty tissue just under the skin on the abdomen, thigh, or upper arm. Rotate injection sites to avoid developing lumps or skin reactions. Wipe the selected injection site with an alcohol swab and allow it to dry. This helps reduce the risk of infection. Hold the pen device like a pen or pencil and gently pinch the skin at the cleaned injection site. Insert the needle into the pinched skin at a 90-degree angle or as directed by your healthcare professional. Depress the plunger fully to inject the medication.
After the injection, carefully remove the needle from the injection site by pulling it straight out. Do not recap the needle. Safely dispose of the used needle in a sharps container as per local regulations and guidelines. Do not re-cap, bend, or break the needle to avoid accidental injuries.
Forms and Strength
Needle Ultra Fine Short (Needle - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Needle Ultra Fine Short: Pen Needle 31G 8mm
- 31G - 8mm
- Allergic reactions: Although rare, some individuals may have allergies or sensitivities to certain materials used in the needle construction. If you experience any signs of allergic reactions, such as rash, hives, or difficulty breathing, seek medical attention immediately.
- Compatibility: Ensure that the 31G - 8mm Short Ultra Fine Pen Needle is compatible with your specific pen injection device. Different pen devices may have specific requirements for needle compatibility, use the correct needle type to ensure proper functioning and dosage accuracy.
- Consultation with healthcare professional: Consult with a healthcare professional for guidance on needle selection, injection technique, and any specific precautions or considerations based on your medical history, medication requirements, and individual health needs.
- Injection depth: Ensure that the needle is inserted to the appropriate depth for subcutaneous injections. Inserting the needle too deeply or not deep enough may affect the absorption and effectiveness of the medication.
- Injection site rotation: Regularly rotating the injection sites can help prevent the development of lipohypertrophy (thickened fatty tissue) or lipoatrophy (thinning of fatty tissue) at the injection sites. This is especially important for individuals who require frequent injections.
- Needle disposal: Always dispose of used needles safely and in accordance with local regulations. Used needles should never be re-capped, bent, or broken before disposal. Proper disposal helps prevent accidental needlestick injuries and reduces the risk of infection.
- Proper technique: Follow proper injection techniques when using any needle. This includes cleaning the injection site with an alcohol swab, using a new needle for each injection, and properly disposing of used needles in a sharps container to prevent accidental needlestick injuries.
- Skin and tissue reactions: Some individuals may experience skin reactions, such as redness, swelling, or itching, at the injection site. If you notice any unusual or persistent reactions, consult with a healthcare professional.
- Storage: Store the pen needles in a cool, dry place to maintain their integrity and sterility. Avoid exposing them to extreme temperatures or direct sunlight, as this may affect their performance or sterility.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How should I properly dispose of the 31G - 8mm Short Ultra Fine Pen Needle?
After use, the needle should be safely disposed of in a sharps container. Do not re-cap, bend, or break the needle before disposal to avoid accidental needlestick injuries. Local regulations and guidelines should be followed for safe disposal.
Can the 31G - 8mm Short Ultra Fine Pen Needle be used with any pen device?
Compatibility may vary depending on the specific pen device. Check the compatibility of the needle with your pen device to ensure proper functioning and dosage accuracy.
Are there any precautions or considerations when using the 31G - 8mm Short Ultra Fine Pen Needle?
Some general precautions include proper injection site rotation, following proper hygiene practices, and consulting with a healthcare professional for personalized advice. Additionally, individuals may experience skin reactions or allergic reactions to the materials used in the needle construction.
It's important to purchase Needle Ultra Fine Short from verified Canadian pharmacy.