Table of contents:
Microlet Lancets Color are sterile lancets that are designed for use with Microlet and Glucolet automatic lancing devices to monitor blood glucose levels. They come in assorted colors to allow for easy identification and selection of the lancet depth needed depending on the skin type.
The lancets use a very fine needle to prick the skin and obtain a small drop of blood that can be used with a glucose meter to monitor blood sugar levels. The lancets are for single use only to prevent infection and should be properly disposed of in a puncture-resistant container.
Use and Dosage
Microlet lancets are available in a variety of colors, including assorted colors, blue, green, pink, and yellow, depending on the product and the retailer. Color coding allows for easy identification and organization of lancets, making it easier to remember when to test blood glucose levels.
To use Microlet Lancets Color, follow these general steps:
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water and dry them well before starting the procedure.
- Select the appropriate lancing device for your Microlet Lancets Color and ensure that it is clean and loaded with a fresh lancet.
- Twist off the protective cap of the lancet and insert it into the lancing device until it clicks.
- Adjust the depth setting on your lancing device based on your skin type and the instructions provided with your device.
- Hold the lancing device firmly against the side of your fingertip and press the release button to prick your skin.
- Squeeze your finger gently to allow a small drop of blood to form.
- Use your glucose meter to collect the drop of blood onto the test strip and follow the instructions for your specific meter to obtain your blood glucose reading.
- After use, carefully remove the lancet from the lancing device and dispose of it in a puncture-resistant container.
Always follow the specific instructions provided with your lancing device and Microlet Lancets Color to ensure accurate and safe monitoring of your blood glucose levels.
Forms and Strength
Microlet Lancets Color (Lancets - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Microlet Lancets Color: Colored Lancets
- No dose
- Lancets are for single use only and should not be reused to prevent infection.
- Lancets should be properly disposed in a puncture-resistant container to prevent injury or infection to others.
- The depth of the lancet puncture can affect the accuracy of blood glucose readings, so use the correct depth setting for your skin type.
- Always follow the instructions provided with your specific lancing device and lancets to ensure proper use.
- Lancets should be kept out of reach of children and pets to prevent accidental injury or ingestion.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How does the depth of the lancet puncture affect blood glucose readings?
The depth of the lancet puncture can affect the blood glucose reading because a deeper puncture can result in a larger blood drop, which in turn can affect accuracy. Use the correct depth setting for your skin type and change the lancet after each use.
Can Microlet Colored Lancets be reused?
No, Microlet Colored Lancets are single-use devices and should not be reused. Reusing lancets can increase the risk of infection and affect the accuracy of readings.
How do I dispose of used Microlet Colored Lancets?
Used Microlet Colored Lancets should be disposed of safely in a puncture-resistant container, such as a sharps container, to prevent the risk of injury or infection to others.
It's important to purchase Microlet Lancets Color from verified Canadian pharmacy.