Table of contents:
Lo Loestrin Fe is an extended-regimen birth control pill that is taken for 28 days. The pill has 26 days of active pills (with hormones) and 2 days of reminder pills (without hormones). One tablet is taken by mouth at the same time every day for 28 days, in the order directed.
Use and Dosage
Lo Loestrin Fe is a 28-day pill that needs to be taken every day at the same time. To use Lo Loestrin Fe, you should take one tablet by mouth at the same time every day for 28 days. The first 24 tablets contain the hormonal pills, while the last 2 tablets contain iron. You should take one hormonal pill every day for 24 days, followed by one iron pill daily for the next 2 days. Then, start a new pack the next day after the 28th day of the previous pack. Take the pills at the same time every day to maintain their effectiveness.
Missing pills can increase the chances of getting pregnant, including starting the pack late. If you miss pills, you may experience spotting or light bleeding, or feel nauseous. Do not stop taking the pill if this happens, as the problem usually resolves itself. Taking missed pills later can also cause spotting or light bleeding and may make you feel sick. If you have trouble remembering to take the pill, talk to your healthcare provider about making it easier or using a different form of birth control. For any questions or concerns, consult with your healthcare provider.
Common Side Effects of Lo Loestrin Fe 28 day (Norethindrone/Ethinyl Estradiol):
- Breast tenderness
- Irregular bleeding
- Menstrual cramps
- Weight changes
Serious Side Effects of Lo Loestrin Fe 28 day (Norethindrone/Ethinyl Estradiol):
- Chest pain
- Cough, trouble breathing, or racing heart
- Leg cramp, swelling, pain, or muscle tightness
- Stomach discomfort
- Sudden numbness or weakness in the arm, leg, or face, confusion, trouble seeing, headache, or difficulty walking
- Yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes, tiredness, or stomach pain
Forms and Strength
Lo Loestrin Fe 28-day (Norethindrone/Ethinyl Estradiol) is available in the following forms and strength:
Lo Loestrin Fe 28-day: Packs
- Lo Loestrin Fe 28-day can increase your risk of serious cardiovascular events, especially if you smoke or have certain medical conditions.
- Birth control pills, including Lo Loestrin Fe, do not protect against sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and are not recommended as a sole method of contraception for women at elevated risk for STDs.
- Lo Loestrin Fe may cause some side effects, such as nausea, vomiting, headache, breast tenderness, and breakthrough bleeding. If any of these symptoms persist or worsen, contact your healthcare provider.
- You should not take Lo Loestrin Fe if you have a history of blood clots, stroke, heart attack, certain cancers, or liver disease.
- Lo Loestrin Fe may interact with other medications, including antibiotics, antifungal drugs, and some HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) drugs. Inform your healthcare provider about all the medications and supplements you are taking before starting Lo Loestrin Fe. Consult with your healthcare provider before starting any new medication, including Lo Loestrin Fe 28 day (Norethindrone/Ethinyl Estradiol).
- Lo Loestrin Fe may cause changes in your menstrual bleeding, including lighter periods, missed periods, and spotting between periods. Inform your healthcare provider if you experience any unusual bleeding while taking Lo Loestrin Fe.
- If you become pregnant while taking Lo Loestrin Fe, stop taking the medication and contact your healthcare provider immediately.
- Lo Loestrin Fe may increase the risk of benign liver tumors, which can rupture and cause severe internal bleeding.
- Women who take birth control pills should have regular check-ups with their healthcare provider to monitor their blood pressure, weight, and other health factors.
- Lo Loestrin Fe should not be used by women who are breastfeeding. Again, it is important to discuss any concerns or questions you may have about Lo Loestrin Fe with your healthcare provider before starting or continuing to take the pills.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I take Lo Loestrin Fe if I have a history of migraines?
Your healthcare provider will need to evaluate your individual medical history to determine if Lo Loestrin Fe is a safe and appropriate choice for you.
Can I take Lo Loestrin Fe if I have a family history of blood clots?
Your healthcare provider will need to evaluate your individual medical history and family history to determine if Lo Loestrin Fe is a safe and appropriate choice for you.
Is it safe to take Lo Loestrin Fe while traveling to different time zones?
Continue taking your pill at the same time every day, so if you are traveling to a different time zone, make sure to adjust your pill schedule as needed. Consult with your healthcare provider for specific instructions.
Can Lo Loestrin Fe be used to treat acne?
Lo Loestrin Fe is not specifically indicated for the treatment of acne, but some women may experience an improvement in their acne symptoms while taking the medication.
Can I take Lo Loestrin Fe if I have been diagnosed with PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)?
Lo Loestrin Fe may be recommended as a treatment option for women with PCOS, but your healthcare provider will need to evaluate your individual medical history and make a personalized recommendation.
It's important to purchase Lo Loestrin Fe 28 day from verified Canadian pharmacy.