Table of contents:
Flexi-T 300 is a type of intrauterine device (IUD), which is a form of birth control that is inserted into the uterus. It is a reliable form of contraception without the use of hormones and is ideal for women who prefer hormone-free birth control and want to maintain their natural cycle.
The Flexi-T 300 is especially suitable for nulliparous (women who have never given birth) and as an emergency contraceptive.
The Flexi-T 300 is an effective and reliable form of contraception, with a high rate of user satisfaction. It works by releasing small amounts of copper into the uterus, which creates an inhospitable environment for sperm and prevents fertilization.
Use and Dosage
The Flexi-T 300 is a type of intrauterine device (IUD) that is inserted into the vagina by a trained healthcare provider during a menstrual period. It is a form of long-acting reversible contraception and can remain in place for up to 5 years, providing continuous protection against pregnancy. The IUD is preloaded before insertion, which means that the horizontal arms of the device fold inwards and are then placed into a special applicator, making it easier to insert.
To use the Flexi-T 300, you first need to consult with a healthcare provider to determine if it is the right form of contraception for you. If it is determined to be a good option, the IUD would then be inserted by a trained healthcare provider during a menstrual period. The IUD can remain in place for up to 5 years, providing continuous contraceptive protection. Have regular check-ups with your healthcare provider to ensure the device is still in place and functioning as intended.
Common Side Effects of Flexi T 300 (Intrauterine Device):
- Heavier and more painful periods
- Irregular and unpredictable bleeding in the first few months after insertion
Serious Side Effects of Flexi T 300 (Intrauterine Device):
- Perforation of the uterus
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Forms and Strength
Flexi T 300 (Intrauterine Device) is available in the following forms and strength:
Flexi T 300: IUD
- No dose
- Pelvic infection: The risk of pelvic infection may be increased during the first 20 days after insertion.
- Uterine perforation: Uterine perforation may occur during insertion or removal of the device. Women at elevated risk of uterine perforation, such as those with a history of ectopic pregnancy or uterine abnormalities, should be counseled about the risks and benefits of the device.
- Expulsion: There is a small risk of the device being expelled from the uterus, which may result in unintended pregnancy.
- Pain and discomfort: Some women may experience pain and discomfort during or after insertion, particularly during the first few days.
- Ectopic pregnancy: Although rare, if pregnancy occurs while using the device, there is an increased risk of ectopic pregnancy, which can be life-threatening.
- Abnormal bleeding: Some women may experience changes in their menstrual cycle, such as heavier bleeding or spotting, while using the device.
- Allergic reaction: Some women may be allergic to the copper in the device, which can result in itching, urticaria, or other symptoms.
- Contraindications: The use of the Flexi-T 300 is contraindicated in women with certain medical conditions, such as liver disease, Wilson's disease, or unexplained vaginal bleeding.
- Breastfeeding: The device can be used while breastfeeding, but it may affect milk production or composition.
- Interference with other medical procedures: The device may interfere with some medical procedures, such as MRI scans or radiotherapy.
- Malignant neoformations: The device may not be suitable for women with malignant neoformations of the uterus or cervix.
- Flexi-T 300 does not protect against STIs (sexually transmitted infections) and should be used with condoms or other forms of protection to prevent STIs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is the Flexi-T 300 hormonal?
No, the Flexi-T 300 is a non-hormonal form of contraception.
Can the Flexi-T 300 cause infertility?
No, the Flexi-T 300 does not cause infertility. Fertility typically returns to normal shortly after the device is removed.
Can the Flexi-T 300 be used while breastfeeding?
Yes, the Flexi-T 300 can be used while breastfeeding.
Is the Flexi-T 300 suitable for everyone?
No, the Flexi-T 300 may not be suitable for everyone. Consult with a healthcare professional to determine if the device is right for you.
Will the Flexi-T 300 cause weight gain?
No, the Flexi-T 300 is a non-hormonal form of contraception and does not typically cause weight gain.
Does the Flexi-T 300 need to be checked regularly?
Yes, it is recommended to have the placement of the Flexi-T 300 checked regularly by a healthcare professional to ensure it is still in place and functioning properly.
It's important to purchase Flexi T 300 from verified Canadian pharmacy.