Table of contents:
Levlite 21 is a type of birth control pill that is taken daily for 21 days. It can make your periods more regular, decrease blood loss and painful periods, decrease your risk of ovarian cysts, and treat acne.
Levlite contains two hormones, levonorgestrel, and ethinyl estradiol, which work together to prevent pregnancy. Note that Levlite is a prescription medication and should only be taken under the guidance and supervision of a healthcare provider.
Use and Dosage
Levlite 21 days comes in the form of packs to use the medication by mouth as directed by your doctor, usually once daily. Each pack contains 21 pills that need to be taken orally once a day for 21 consecutive days, ideally at the same time of day. After taking all 21 pills, take a 7-day break while still having a menstrual cycle before starting a new pack on the eighth day (for 21-day packs).
If it is the first time you are using it and you are not switching from another form of hormonal birth control (such as patch or other birth control pills), take the first tablet in the pack on the first Sunday following the beginning of your menstrual period or on the first day of your period.
Use additional contraception methods, such as condoms, during the first 7 days of the first pack. Take Levlite daily at the same time to maintain its effectiveness. If you miss a pill, refer to the medication packaging or consult your healthcare provider for guidance on what to do next.
Common Side Effects of Levlite 21 day (Levonorgestrel/ethinyl estradiol):
- Bleeding or spotting between menstrual periods
- Breast tenderness, enlargement, or discharge
- Brown or black skin patches
- Changes in menstrual flow
- Gingivitis (swelling of the gum tissue)
- Hair growth in unusual places
- Increased or decreased appetite
- Painful or missed periods
- Stomach cramps or bloating
- Swelling, redness, irritation, burning, or itching of the vagina
- Weight gain or weight loss
- White vaginal discharge
Serious Side Effects of Levlite 21 day (Levonorgestrel/ethinyl estradiol):
- Bulging eyes
- Coughing up blood
- Crushing chest pain or chest heaviness
- Dark-colored urine
- Depression, especially if you also have trouble sleeping, tiredness, loss of energy, or other mood changes
- Dizziness or faintness
- Double vision
- Extreme tiredness, weakness, or lack of energy
- Leg pain
- Light-colored stool
- Loss of appetite
- Menstrual bleeding
- Partial or complete loss of vision
- Severe headache
- Severe stomach pain
- Severe vomiting
- Shortness of breath
- Speech problems
- Swelling of the hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- Unusual bleeding
- Weakness or numbness of an arm or leg
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes
Forms and Strength
Levlite 21 day (Levonorgestrel/ethinyl estradiol) is available in the following forms and strength:
Levlite 21 day: Packs
- Levlite may not be a suitable option for women who are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- Inform your healthcare provider about any pre-existing medical conditions or medications you are taking before using Levlite.
- Levlite may increase the risk of blood clots, especially in women who are over 35 years old, have a history of blood clots, have diabetes, high blood pressure, or are obese.
- Smoking cigarettes while taking Levlite can increase the risk of serious cardiovascular side effects, such as heart attack or stroke.
- Levlite may interact with certain medications, such as antibiotics or anti-seizure drugs, reducing its effectiveness or causing unwanted side effects.
- Levlite may not protect against sexually transmitted infections (STIs), such as HIV/AIDS, and additional contraceptive methods, such as condoms, should be used to prevent STIs.
- Levlite may cause mood changes, headaches, nausea, breast tenderness, or weight gain in some women. If such side effects persist or worsen, please speak to your healthcare provider.
- Take Levlite daily, at the same time, to avoid missing doses and maintain its effectiveness.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is Levlite safe?
Levlite is a prescription-only medication that is considered safe if used as directed by a healthcare professional. However, like any medication, it may cause some side effects, including nausea, headaches, weight gain, and mood changes. Additionally, women who smoke or have a history of blood clots, heart attack, stroke, or breast cancer may have an increased risk of serious complications from taking Levlite.
How effective is Levlite 21-day?
When taken correctly, Levlite 21-day is more than 99% effective in preventing pregnancy.
Can I use Levlite to skip my period?
Levlite can be used to delay a period or to skip a period. To do this, a woman can start a new pack immediately after finishing the old pack instead of taking the 7-day break or reminder pill cycle.
It's important to purchase Levlite 21 day from verified Canadian pharmacy.