Table of contents:
Flexi T Plus 300 is an intrauterine device (IUD) made of polypropylene mixed with barium sulfate and wrapped with 300mm of copper wire to prevent pregnancy. It provides women with long-term birth control. It works by preventing fertilization and implantation of the egg in the uterus.
Flexi T plus 380 is a larger version of the Flexi T 300, with dimensions of 32mm long and 28mm wide and containing 380mm of copper. It is highly flexible, and its size is compatible with the uterine cavity of parous women. It is suitable for the most fertile age after childbirth and can also be used as an emergency contraception method.
Use and Dosage
Flexi T plus 380 is inserted by a healthcare provider into the uterus through the cervix. The procedure takes only a few minutes and is done in a healthcare setting. It has a maximum in situ time of five years. A new Flexi-T can be inserted immediately after removal. Here are the steps on how to use it:
- Consult with your healthcare provider to determine whether the IUD is the right form of birth control for you.
- Choose a day to have the IUD inserted. It can be inserted anytime during your menstrual cycle if you are not currently pregnant.
- Your healthcare provider will first perform a pelvic exam to determine the position and size of your uterus.
- The IUD will then be inserted through the cervical opening and into your uterus.
- The IUD's string will be cut to the appropriate length, which allows you to check that it is still in place.
- After the IUD is inserted, you may experience some cramping and spotting for a few days.
- Your healthcare provider may schedule a follow-up appointment to make sure the IUD is still in place and to address any concerns you may have.
Common Side Effects of Flexi T Plus 380 (Intrauterine Device):
- Heavier or longer periods
- Pain during sex
Serious Side Effects of Flexi T Plus 380 (Intrauterine Device):
- Abdominal pains and cramps.
- Longer and heavier menstruation after insertion.
- Spotting throughout the menstrual cycle which should decrease over time.
- Copper allergy (rare; always notify your doctor if you are allergic)
- An extremely small chance of perforation of the womb.
Forms and Strength
Flexi T Plus 380 (Intrauterine Device) is available in the following forms and strength:
Flexi T Plus 380: IUD
- No dose
- The IUD does not protect against sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and may increase the risk of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) in women who are already at risk for STIs.
- There is a risk of ectopic pregnancy, which occurs when a fertilized egg implants outside of the uterus. It is a medical emergency and requires prompt treatment.
- There is a risk of expulsion, or the IUD being pushed out of the uterus. It is more likely to occur within the first few months after insertion, particularly in women who have never been pregnant before.
- There is also a risk of perforation, or the IUD puncturing the wall of the uterus during insertion. It is rare but can lead to serious complications and may require surgical removal of the IUD.
- Women who have a history of certain medical conditions (such as heart disease or liver disease) or who take certain medications (such as blood thinners or immune suppressants) may not be suitable candidates for an IUD.
- Women who are pregnant or who have recently given birth may need to wait before having an IUD inserted.
- Regularly check the IUD strings to ensure that the device is still in place.
- Women who experience severe pain or bleeding after insertion should seek medical attention immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can Flexi T Plus 380 be used by all women?
Flexi T Plus 380 may not be suitable for all women, particularly those with certain medical conditions or who are at elevated risk for infections. Women should talk to their healthcare provider to find out if Flexi T Plus 380 is right for them.
How long does the Flexi-T+ 380 IUD last?
The Flexi-T+ 380 IUD can provide contraceptive protection for up to 10 years.
Is the insertion of the Flexi-T+ 380 IUD painful?
The insertion of the Flexi-T+ 380 IUD can cause some discomfort or cramping, but many women find the procedure manageable.
It's important to purchase Flexi T Plus 380 from verified Canadian pharmacy.