Insta-Glucose Gel is a concentrated carbohydrate gel specifically designed to aid diabetics after the onset of hypoglycemia. It contains dextrose, which is a simple sugar that is easily and quickly absorbed by the body to help raise blood glucose levels. The gel is typically administered orally and provides a fast-acting source of glucose to quickly raise blood sugar levels.
When the gel is consumed, the glucose is quickly absorbed into the bloodstream and transported to the body’s cells, where it can be used as fuel. This can rapidly raise blood sugar levels in individuals with hypoglycemia (low blood sugar levels) and alleviate symptoms such as dizziness, confusion, and weakness. Insta-Glucose Gel is designed to be easy to use in emergency situations and is a fast-acting option for increasing blood sugar levels.
Use and Dosage
Insta-Glucose Gel is a product used to treat low blood sugar levels, also known as hypoglycemia. It is designed to be a concentrated carbohydrate gel that can quickly raise blood sugar levels in an emergency. Here are some general instructions on how to use Insta-Glucose Gel:
- Twist the cap off the tube to open it.
- Squeeze the entire contents of the tube into your mouth.
- Swallow the gel.
- Wait for the gel to raise your blood sugar levels.
- If you do not have a response within 15 minutes, take another dose.
Insta-Glucose Gel is a convenient, easy-to-administer product that can be used by diabetics, athletes, and others who may experience low blood sugar levels. However, consult with a healthcare provider to ensure the product is appropriate for your individual needs and situation.
Common Side Effects of Insta-Glucose Gel (Glucose Dextrose):
- Difficulty with swallowing
- Fast heartbeat
- Hives, itching, or skin rash
- Puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- Tightness in the chest
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Upset stomach or throwing up
Serious Side Effects of Insta-Glucose Gel (Glucose Dextrose):
- Chest pain
- Light-headed feeling, like you might pass out
- Severe shortness of breath
- Sweating, pale skin
- Swelling in your hands or feet
Forms and Strength
Insta-Glucose Gel (Glucose Dextrose) is available in the following forms and strength:
Insta-Glucose Gel: Gel
- Insta-Glucose Gel should only be used if the person experiencing hypoglycemia is conscious and able to swallow, as the gel needs to be taken orally.
- Insta-Glucose Gel should be used with caution in patients with diabetes, as it may cause an increase in blood sugar levels.
- Insta-Glucose Gel should not be used as a long-term treatment for hypoglycemia. If hypoglycemia occurs frequently, regular medication adjustments or lifestyle changes may be necessary.
- This medication should not be used in patients who are allergic to glucose or any other ingredients in the gel.
- Insta-Glucose Gel should be stored at room temperature and should be kept out of reach of children.
- If the symptoms of hypoglycemia persist after the first dose of the medication, further medical attention should be sought immediately.
- The gel should not be administered to an unconscious or semi-conscious individual, as there is a risk of it being inhaled into the lungs and causing aspiration pneumonia.
- Insta-Glucose Gel should be used with caution in pregnant or breastfeeding women, as it may affect blood sugar levels and require adjustments to diabetes medications.
- The use of Insta-Glucose Gel may interfere with certain laboratory tests, such as glucose tolerance tests. Therefore, inform medical professionals about any recent use of the gel.
- This medication should be used with caution in patients with liver or kidney disease, as it may cause fluctuations in blood sugar levels.
- If a person taking the medication experiences symptoms such as confusion, sweating, or rapid heartbeat, it may indicate hypoglycemia.
- Insta-Glucose Gel should be used as directed, and overdose should be avoided as it can result in hyperglycemia (high blood sugar), which can be dangerous.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can Insta-Glucose Gel be used to treat type 2 diabetes?
No, Insta-Glucose Gel is not a treatment for type 2 diabetes. It is only recommended for emergency use in the treatment of hypoglycemia.
Is Insta-Glucose Gel safe for pregnant or breastfeeding women?
Insta-Glucose Gel may affect blood sugar levels in pregnant or breastfeeding women. Consult with a healthcare professional before using this medication.
Is Insta-Glucose Gel safe for children?
Insta-Glucose Gel is generally safe for children, but the dosage may need to be adjusted based on weight and age. Consult with a healthcare professional before using this medication in children.
How should Insta-Glucose Gel be stored?
Insta-Glucose Gel should be stored at room temperature and should be kept out of reach of children.