Table of contents:
Duaklir Pressair (Aclidinium Bromide/Formoterol Fumarate) is a medication used for the maintenance treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including chronic bronchitis and emphysema. It is a combination of two bronchodilators, aclidinium bromide and formoterol fumarate, which work together to relax and widen the airways, making it easier to breathe.
Aclidinium bromide is a long-acting muscarinic antagonist (LAMA), which helps to relax the muscles around the airways, making it easier to breathe. Formoterol fumarate is a long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonist (LABA), which means it helps to relax the smooth muscles surrounding the airways, making it easier to breathe.
Duaklir Pressair is administered as a dry powder inhaler, and it is not intended for the relief of acute bronchospasm or for the treatment of asthma. It was approved by the FDA in 2019, and it is available by prescription for COPD maintenance treatment.
Use and Dosage
Duaklir Pressair inhaler is usually administered twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. Do not change your prescribed Duaklir Pressair dosage.
To use Duaklir Pressair (Aclidinium Bromide/Formoterol Fumarate), follow the instructions provided by your healthcare provider or the medication guide. Here is a general guide on how to use Duaklir Pressair:
- Hold the inhaler horizontally with the mouthpiece facing you and the orange button facing up.
- Press the orange button fully to load your dose, and then release the button.
- Exhale, keeping the inhaler away from your mouth.
- Place the mouthpiece into your mouth, with your lips around it.
- Inhale the medication for as long as possible.
- Remove the inhaler from your mouth and hold your breath for a few seconds.
Use Duaklir Pressair regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, use it at the same times each day. Do not increase your dose, use this medication more often, or stop using it without first consulting your doctor. Your condition will not improve any faster, and your risk of side effects will increase.
Common Side Effects of Duaklir Pressair (Aclidinium Bromide/Formoterol Fumarate):
- Back pain
- Dry mouth
- Increased blood creatine phosphokinase
- Joint pain
- Muscle spasms
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Pain in your extremities
- Sore throat
- Tooth abscess
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Serious Side Effects of Duaklir Pressair (Aclidinium Bromide/Formoterol Fumarate):
- Blurred vision
- Chest pain
- Difficult or painful urination
- Difficulty breathing
- Eye pain
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Increased thirst or urination
- Increased trouble breathing after using the medication
- Muscle cramps
- Seeing halos around lights
- Severe dizziness
- Sudden severe wheezing
- Swelling of your face lips tongue or throat
- Swelling or redness of the eye
Forms and Strength
Duaklir Pressair (Aclidinium Bromide/Formoterol Fumarate) is available in the following forms and strength:
Duaklir Pressair: Inhalation Powder
- Hypersensitivity: The medication should not be used by people who are hypersensitive or allergic to any of its components.
- Cardiovascular disorders: Duaklir should be used with caution in people who have cardiovascular disorders such as hypertension, coronary artery disease, and cardiac arrhythmias.
- Anticholinergic medications: Duaklir should not be used concomitantly with other anticholinergic medications, as this may increase the risk of side effects.
- Narrow-angle glaucoma: Duaklir should be used with caution in people with narrow-angle glaucoma, a condition that can cause increased pressure in the eye.
- Urinary retention: Use of Duaklir may cause urinary retention, especially in people with bladder-neck obstruction or prostatic hyperplasia.
- Hypokalemia: People taking Duaklir should be monitored for the development of hypokalemia, which is a condition where there is an abnormally low level of potassium in the blood.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long does it take for Duaklir Pressair to work?
While this combination drug may start to kick in right after it has been administered, it cannot alleviate symptoms quickly. It could take about a few weeks before your breathing symptoms improve.
Can I drink water after using Duaklir Pressair?
Do not drink water right after your inhalations. You must wash off all the remaining medications by rinsing your mouth. This could prevent sore throat and dry mouth.
Is there a generic to Duaklir Pressair?
At present, there are no generic alternatives to Duaklir. This brand-name medication is the only product with the respective combination and mechanism of action.
How long can I use Duaklir Pressair?
This inhalation is safe to use for long-term treatment. Your condition must be evaluated regularly to know if you still need to continue using this prescription.
It's important to purchase Duaklir Pressair from verified Canadian pharmacy.