Table of contents:
Omnaris (ciclesonide nasal spray) is a medication used to treat seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis in adults and children. Omnaris Nasal Spray contains the active ingredient ciclesonide, which belongs to a class of medications called corticosteroids.
Ciclesonide works by reducing inflammation in the nasal passages, helping to relieve symptoms such as sneezing, itching, and a runny or stuffy nose.
Use and Dosage
Omnaris Nasal Spray is a liquid solution that is intended to be sprayed into the nose. It is typically used once daily, with two sprays administered to each nostril. The spary should be used at roughly the same time each day and according to the instructions provided on the prescription label.
To use the nasal spray, follow these steps:
- Shake the bottle gently and remove the dust cover.
- If you are using the pump for the first time, point the bottle away from your body and press down and release the pump eight times. If you have used the pump before but not within the last 4 days, press down and release the pump one time or until you see a fine spray.
- Blow your nose until your nostrils are clear.
- Hold one nostril closed with your finger.
- With your other hand, hold the bottle firmly with your forefinger and middle finger on either side of the spray tip while supporting the base of the bottle with your thumb.
- Tilt your head slightly forward and carefully put the tip of the nasal applicator into your open nostril keeping the bottle upright. Begin to breathe through your nose.
- While you are breathing in, use your forefinger and middle finger to press quickly and firmly down on the applicator and release a spray.
- Repeat steps 4-7 in the other nostril unless your doctor has told you otherwise.
- Wipe the applicator tip with a clean tissue and replace the dust cover.
Take Omnaris Nasal Spray exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If you miss a dose by several hours, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not double a dose to make up for a missed one. If you are not sure what to do after missing a dose, contact your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Common Side Effects of Omnaris Nasal Spray (Ciclesonide):
- Severe nosebleeds
- Severe pain in the nose
- Whistling sound while breathing
- Eye pain
Serious Side Effects of Omnaris Nasal Spray (Ciclesonide):
- Back pain
- Ear pain
- Irritation of the nose
- Sinus inflammation
- Sore throat
- Stuffy nose
- Urinary tract infection
Forms and Strength
Omnaris Nasal Spray (Ciclesonide) is available in the following forms and strength:
Omnaris Nasal Spray: Nasal Spray
- If you are allergic to ciclesonide or any of the other ingredients contained in Omnaris Nasal Spray, you should not use it.
- Before using Omnaris Nasal Spray, inform your healthcare provider if you have any medical conditions, such as liver or kidney disease, tuberculosis, herpes or any other infection in the nose or sinuses, diabetes, or immune system problems.
- Inform your healthcare provider of any other medications you are taking, including prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements, as they may interact with Omnaris Nasal Spray.
- Avoid getting the spray in your eyes, as it may cause increased pressure in your eyes.
- Long-term use of corticosteroids, such as ciclesonide, may lead to a higher risk of decreased bone density, cataracts, and glaucoma. Follow your healthcare provider's instructions carefully to minimize these risks.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult with your healthcare provider before using Omnaris Nasal Spray.
- Use of Omnaris Nasal Spray for an extended period may result in reduced effectiveness. Consult your healthcare provider if you experience worsening symptoms.
- Omnaris Nasal Spray may increase the risk of fungal or viral infections of the nose or throat. Contact your healthcare provider if you develop white patches in your nose or throat, unusual discharge, difficulty breathing, or fever.
- Long-term use of Omnaris Nasal Spray may also increase the risk of nasal septum perforation (a hole in the nasal septum), although this is exceedingly rare.
- Children who are using Omnaris Nasal Spray may be more susceptible to developing infections. Regular medical check-ups are recommended for children who use Omnaris regularly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is Omnaris Nasal Spray addictive?
No, Omnaris Nasal Spray is not addictive as it is a steroid medication that works locally in the nasal cavity.
How long does it take for Omnaris Nasal Spray to start working?
The onset of action of Omnaris Nasal Spray varies from person to person but it typically takes several days of consistent use to experience its maximum benefits.
Can I share Omnaris Nasal Spray with others?
No, do not share Omnaris Nasal Spray with others as it is a prescription medication that should only be used as directed by a healthcare provider.
How should I store Omnaris Nasal Spray?
Omnaris Nasal Spray should be stored in a dry place at room temperature (between 68-77°F). It should be kept away from heat and direct sunlight and should not be refrigerated.
Can Omnaris Nasal Spray be used to treat other conditions?
No, Omnaris Nasal Spray is only approved for the treatment of seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis and should not be used to treat other conditions unless prescribed by a healthcare provider.
It's important to purchase Omnaris Nasal Spray from verified Canadian pharmacy.