Table of contents:
Bricanyl inhaler is a prescription medication used to open the airways in people with asthma, bronchitis, and other breathing problems so that they can breathe more easily. It contains the medicine terbutaline.
Terbutaline Sulfate is a selective beta2-adrenergic agonist recommended for the relief and prevention of bronchospasm in bronchial asthma and other bronchopulmonary conditions. It works by relaxing the muscles in the airways, allowing them to open and making breathing easier.
Use and Dosage
Use for Bricanyl Inhaler depends on the individual's symptoms and their healthcare provider's instructions. The recommended dose for adult patients is one inhalation as needed, up to every 4 to 6 hours. If symptoms are severe, the dose may be increased to up to three inhalations as needed.
Bricanyl inhalation spray:
- Remove the cap from the mouthpiece.
- Shake the inhaler well.
- Breathe out as far as comfortable, then place the mouthpiece in your mouth, between your teeth, and close your lips around it.
- While breathing in slowly and deeply through your mouth, press down firmly on the top of the inhaler once.
- Hold your breath for up to ten seconds, then exhale slowly.
Use Bricanyl exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take more than prescribed without consulting your doctor. Bricanyl is usually used only when required to relieve symptoms.
Common Side Effects of Bricanyl Inhaler (Terbutaline Sulfate):
- Chest discomfort
- Dry mouth
- Flushed feeling
- Muscle cramps
- Pain at the injection site
- Rapid heart rate
- Shortness of breath
Serious Side Effects of Bricanyl Inhaler (Terbutaline Sulfate):
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- Dry mouth
- Serious eye symptoms such as: sudden vision loss, blurred vision, tunnel vision, eye pain or swelling, or seeing halos around lights
- Serious heart symptoms such as: fast, irregular, or pounding heartbeats; fluttering in your chest; shortness of breath; and sudden dizziness, lightheadedness, or passing out
- Severe headache, confusion, slurred speech, arm or leg weakness, trouble walking, loss of coordination, feeling unsteady, very stiff muscles, high fever, profuse sweating, or tremors
- Uncontrollable shaking
Forms and Strength
Bricanyl Inhaler (Terbutaline Sulfate) is available in the following forms and strength:
Bricanyl Inhaler: Inhaler
- Do not use Bricanyl Inhaler if you are allergic to terbutaline or any of its ingredients.
- Bricanyl Inhaler should be used with caution in people with heart disease, high blood pressure, overactive thyroid gland, or diabetes.
- Bricanyl Inhaler should not be used as the first line of therapy in people with acute severe asthma, or for the prevention of bronchospasm in the setting of acute asthma exacerbations.
- As with all inhalers, proper technique is important to ensure that the medication reaches the lungs. Follow the instructions carefully and practice using the inhaler with a healthcare provider before using it on your own.
- In rare cases, Bricanyl Inhaler may cause a serious allergic reaction. Seek medical attention immediately if you experience symptoms such as hives, swelling, or difficulty breathing.
- Bricanyl Inhaler should not be used in children under the age of 12, as safety and efficacy have not been established in this population.
- Bricanyl should be used with caution in people with a history of seizures or epilepsy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can Bricanyl Inhaler interact with other medications?
Bricanyl Inhaler may interact with other medications, let your healthcare provider know about all the medications you're taking.
What should I do if I develop an allergic reaction to Bricanyl Inhaler?
If you develop a serious allergic reaction to Bricanyl Inhaler, seek medical attention immediately. Symptoms may include hives, swelling, and difficulty breathing.
How long does it take for Bricanyl Inhaler to start working?
Bricanyl Inhaler starts working quickly, usually within a few minutes of use.
Can Bricanyl Inhaler be used to prevent exercise-induced asthma?
Bricanyl Inhaler may be used to prevent exercise-induced asthma when taken 10-15 minutes before exercise. However, it should not be used for long-term control of asthma.
It's important to purchase Bricanyl Inhaler from verified Canadian pharmacy.