Table of contents:
Cyclocort cream is a topical medication used to treat various skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis that cause itching, redness, and inflammation.
Cyclocort cream contains the active ingredient amcinonide, which is a potent corticosteroid. The cream is applied to the affected area of the skin, and it works by reducing inflammation and suppressing the immune system's response to the condition.
Use and Dosage
Use Amcinonide cream on the skin only. However, do not use it on the face, groin, or underarms unless directed to do so by your doctor.
Wash and dry your hands. Before applying the Amcinonide cream, clean and dry the affected area. If you are using the lotion, shake the bottle well before using. Apply a thin film of the medication to the affected area and gently rub in, usually 2-3 times daily or as directed by your doctor. Do not cover, bandage, or wrap the area unless directed to do so by your doctor.
After applying Amcinonide cream, wash your hands unless you are using this medication to treat the hands. When applying this medication near the eyes, avoid getting it in the eyes as this may worsen or cause glaucoma. Also, avoid getting this medication in the nose or mouth. If you get the medication in these areas, rinse with plenty of water. Use Amcinonide cream only for the condition for which it was prescribed. Do not use it for longer than prescribed.
Common Side Effects of Cyclocort Cream (Amcinonide):
- Skin irritation
- Dry skin
Serious Side Effects of Cyclocort Cream (Amcinonide):
- Allergic reaction
- Dermatitis (a type of eczema)
- Hair loss
- Increased body hair
- Inflammation of hair follicles
- Moon face/rounding of the face
- Prickly heat rash
- Rash or hives
- Skin discoloration
- Skin dryness
- Skin infection
- Skin thinning
- Skin wrinkling
- Stretch marks
- The appearance of blood vessels under the surface of your skin
- Upper abdominal pain
- Weight gain
- Worsening of condition
Forms and Strength
Cyclocort Cream (Amcinonide) is available in the following forms and strength:
- Cyclocort Cream is available only with a doctor's prescription.
- Amcinonide cream may cause skin irritation, burning, itching, redness, or dryness at the application site. Inform your doctor if the condition persists or worsens.
- Do not apply amcinonide cream on the face, groin, or underarms, unless directed by your doctor.
- Do not use amcinonide cream around the eyes or on eyelids.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding before using amcinonide cream.
- Check with your doctor before using amcinonide cream on an infant or child.
- Do not cover the treated area with a bandage or other covering, unless directed by your doctor.
- Do not use amcinonide cream for a longer time than recommended by your doctor.
- Inform your doctor if you have any other medical conditions or if you are taking any other medicines, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, as drug interactions may occur.
- The use of amcinonide cream may increase your risk for developing skin infections. Keep the affected area clean and avoid contact with others who have infections.
- Amcinonide cream may cause allergic reactions in some people. If you experience symptoms such as rash, itching, swelling, or difficulty breathing, seek medical attention immediately.
- Long-term use of amcinonide cream may cause skin thinning, stretch marks, or discoloration. Inform your doctor if you notice any of these symptoms.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight, sunlamps or tanning beds while using amcinonide cream, as it may increase your risk of sunburn.
- If you miss a dose, apply it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not use amcinonide cream if you have a fungal or viral infection of the skin, as it may make the condition worse.
- Do not use amcinonide cream if you have been vaccinated with live vaccines recently, as it may interfere with the vaccine's effectiveness.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is Cyclocort Cream safe to use?
Cyclocort Cream is safe to use when used as directed by a healthcare professional. However, it may cause certain side effects in some people such as burning, stinging, or itching at the application site.
How often should I apply Cyclocort Cream?
The frequency of application will depend on your individual condition and the severity of your symptoms. Your healthcare provider will give you specific instructions on how often to use the medication.
Is Cyclocort Cream available over the counter?
No, Cyclocort Cream is a prescription medication and is not available over the counter.
Is there a generic version of Cyclocort Cream?
Yes, the generic name for Cyclocort Cream is Amcinonide and it is available in various forms such as cream, lotion, and ointment.
How long does it take for Cyclocort Cream to work?
The time it takes for Cyclocort Cream to work will vary depending on the severity of the condition being treated. You should start to see improvement in your symptoms within a few days of starting the medication, but it may take several weeks for the condition to completely resolve.
It's important to purchase Cyclocort Cream from verified Canadian pharmacy.