Table of contents:
Claritin Nasal Pump is a form of nasal spray that is used to relieve nasal congestion associated with allergies. It is used to treat symptoms of seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis, such as sneezing, runny nose, and nasal congestion.
Claritin contains oxymetazoline hydrochloride, which is a decongestant that helps to reduce swelling and inflammation of the nasal passages, making it easier to breathe through the nose. It works by blocking the effects of histamine in the body. Histamine is a chemical that is released by the body in response to allergens and is responsible for causing allergic symptoms such as runny nose, sneezing, and itching.
Claritin Nasal Pump is available over the counter and can be purchased at most pharmacies and drug stores.
Use and Dosage
The recommended dose of Claritin Nasal Pump is one to two sprays in each nostril once a day. Do not exceed the recommended dose or use the product for longer than directed by your healthcare provider. Follow the instructions provided on the label or as directed by a healthcare provider. If you have any questions or concerns about how often to use Claritin Nasal Pump, it is recommended to consult with a healthcare provider or pharmacist.
To use Claritin Nasal Pump, shake the bottle well and remove the cap. Insert the tip of the bottle into your nostril and tilt your head forward slightly. Press down on the pump to release a spray, inhaling gently through your nose at the same time. Repeat in the other nostril if directed. Clean the nozzle with a tissue after each use and replace the cap.
Take Claritin Nasal Pump exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible and continue with your regular schedule. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. If you are not sure what to do after missing a dose, contact your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Common Side Effects of Claritin Nasal Pump (Oxymetazoline - non-Rx):
- Burning and stinging of the nose
- Dryness of the nose
- Increased nasal discharge
- Trouble sleeping
Serious Side Effects of Claritin Nasal Pump (Oxymetazoline - non-Rx):
- Blurred vision
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- High blood pressure
- Palpitations (heartbeat that is fast, irregular, or pounding)
- Signs of too much medication (CNS depression, e.g., slurred speech, unclear thinking, blurred vision, decreased coordination, decreased sensitivity to pain, or sleepiness)
- Signs of a serious allergic reaction (e.g., abdominal cramps, difficulty breathing, nausea and vomiting, or swelling of the face and throat)
Forms and Strength
Claritin Nasal Pump (Oxymetazoline - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Claritin Nasal Pump: Nasal Spray
- Do not share nasal spray containers with others.
- Follow the instructions for use carefully, including proper dosage, frequency, and duration of use.
- Do not use nasal sprays more frequently or for longer than recommended, as this may lead to rebound congestion or other side effects.
- Inform your healthcare provider if you have a history of certain medical conditions such as glaucoma, tuberculosis, or recent nose surgery before using a nasal spray.
- Be cautious if you are also taking other medications, as some may interact with nasal sprays and increase the risk of side effects.
- Do not use nasal sprays for more than a few days without consulting a healthcare provider, especially if you have certain medical conditions such as glaucoma or high blood pressure.
- Always follow the instructions for use, including proper dosage, frequency, and duration of use.
- Avoid spraying the medication directly onto the nasal septum (the thin wall between the nostrils) to reduce the risk of irritation.
- Let your healthcare provider know if you experience any side effects such as nasal dryness, irritation, or bleeding while using a nasal spray.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, discuss the use of nasal sprays with your healthcare provider before using them.
- Do not use nasal sprays if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How often can I use Claritin Nasal Pump?
The recommended dose of Claritin Nasal Pump is one to two sprays in each nostril once a day. Do not exceed the recommended dose or use the product for longer than directed by your healthcare provider.
Can I use Claritin Nasal Pump if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
Consult with your healthcare provider before using Claritin Nasal Pump if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, as the safety of the medication in these circumstances is not well-established.
It's important to purchase Claritin Nasal Pump from verified Canadian pharmacy.