Table of contents:
Claritin Kids Syrup Grape Flavour is an over-the-counter medication that is used to provide relief from allergy symptoms in children. It contains loratadine, which is a second-generation antihistamine that works to block the effects of histamines in the body, which are the chemicals that cause allergy symptoms such as itching, runny nose, and watery eyes.
The grape-flavoured syrup is formulated to be non-drowsy and is free of lactose, alcohol, and dye, making it a convenient and effective choice for parents looking to manage their child's allergies. Claritin Kids Syrup Grape Flavour is available in several varied sizes and is suitable for children aged 2 years and older.
Use and Dosage
Claritin Kids Syrup Grape Flavour should be taken as directed on the label or as instructed by a doctor. The usual dose for children over 2 years of age is one teaspoon (5 mL) once a day. Shake the bottle well before using and use the measuring cup provided to ensure an accurate dose. The medication can be taken with or without food and should be swallowed.
Do not take more than the recommended dose unless directed by a doctor. If symptoms persist or worsen despite taking the medication, contact a doctor.
Common Side Effects of Claritin Kids Syrup Grape Flavour (Loratadine - non-Rx):
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash or hives
- Trouble sleeping (insomnia)
Serious Side Effects of Claritin Kids Syrup Grape Flavour (Loratadine - non-Rx):
- Allergic reactions such as difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat, or severe rash or hives
- Fast or uneven heart rate
- Seizures (convulsions)
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes (jaundice)
Forms and Strength
Claritin Kids Syrup Grape Flavour (Loratadine - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Claritin Kids Syrup Grape Flavour: Syrup
- If you are allergic to loratadine or any other antihistamines, you should not take Claritin Syrup without consulting with your doctor first.
- Claritin Syrup may cause side effects such as drowsiness, dry mouth, and headache. If you experience any of these side effects, you should talk to your doctor.
- Claritin Syrup may interact with other medications, including alcohol. You should talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Claritin Syrup if you are taking any other medications or if you consume alcohol regularly.
- Claritin Syrup is not recommended for children under 2 years old. If you have a child under the age of 2 years old, you should talk to your doctor before giving them Claritin Syrup.
- Claritin Syrup may not be suitable for individuals with certain medical conditions. If you have kidney or liver disease, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should talk to your doctor before taking Claritin Syrup.
- Claritin Syrup may interfere with certain medical laboratory tests. If you are undergoing any medical tests, you should inform your doctor that you are taking Claritin Syrup.
- You should not take more than the recommended dose of Claritin Syrup. Taking more than the recommended dose may increase your risk of side effects, including drowsiness.
- Claritin Syrup should be stored at room temperature, away from heat and light. You should keep it out of the reach of children and dispose of any unused medication properly.
- If your symptoms persist or worsen after taking Claritin Syrup, you should talk to your doctor. Claritin Syrup is not intended for long-term use, and you may need to explore other treatment options.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long does it take for Claritin Syrup to start working?
Claritin typically starts working within 1 to 3 hours after taking the first dose. However, the full effect can take up to several days of regular use.
Is Claritin Kids Syrup Grape Flavour safe to use?
Claritin is considered safe to use when taken as directed. However, it may cause side effects in some people, such as drowsiness, headache, and dry mouth. If you experience any side effects, stop taking the medication and contact a doctor.
Is Claritin safe for people with asthma?
Claritin may be safe for people with asthma but discuss the use of it with a doctor. People with asthma should not use it to treat an asthma attack.
How often should Claritin Syrup be taken?
Claritin Syrup should be taken as directed on the label or by a doctor. The usual dose for children over 2 years of age is one teaspoon (5 mL) once a day. Do not take more than the recommended dose unless directed by a doctor.
It's important to purchase Claritin Kids Syrup Grape Flavour from verified Canadian pharmacy.