Table of contents:
Canesten 1 Day Vaginal Combi-Pak is a prescription medication used to treat vaginal yeast infections. It typically includes a slim, vaginal tablet containing clotrimazole which is inserted intravaginally, and an external cream containing clotrimazole to soothe itching and burning.
Clotrimazole belongs to the class of medications called antifungals. It works by killing the overgrowth of yeast that is causing the infection.
Use and Dosage
Canesten 1 Day Vaginal Combipak includes a slim, vaginal ovules containing clotrimazole inserted intravaginally and an external cream containing clotrimazole to soothe itching and burning. The ovules are usually taken at bedtime, and the external cream can be applied as needed to the affected areas.
Here are general instructions on how to use Canesten 1 Day Vaginal Combipak:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before handling the ovules.
- Lie down on your back with your knees bent or stand with your knees slightly bent. You can use a mirror to help guide the insertion.
- Gently insert the ovule into your vagina as far as it will comfortably go using the applicator provided with the medication. Some medications may not have an applicator and can be inserted directly with your finger.
- Once the ovule is inside the vagina, lie down for a few minutes to prevent it from coming out.
- The external cream can be applied as needed to the affected areas outside the vagina.
- Wash your hands again with soap and water after use.
- Use the medication preferably at bedtime.
Note that these are general instructions, and the specific directions for use may vary depending on the medication and the country's healthcare regulations.
Common Side Effects of Canesten 1 Day Vaginal Combipak (Clotrimazole):
- Abdominal bloating
Serious side effects of canesten 1-day vaginal combipak (clotrimazole):
- Vaginal bleeding
Forms and Strength
Canesten 1 Day Vaginal Combipak (Clotrimazole) is available in the following forms and strength:
Canesten 1 Day Vaginal Combipak: Cream and Ovules
- Allergic reaction: If you have a known allergy to clotrimazole or any of the other ingredients in the medication, you should not use it.
- Other medical conditions: If you have any other health conditions, such as diabetes, HIV/AIDS, or a weakened immune system, you should talk to your healthcare provider before using the medication.
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding: Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should discuss the use of this medication with their healthcare provider before using it.
- Medical history: If you have a history of liver disease, you should consult your healthcare provider as the medication could worsen your liver function.
- Interactions with other medications: Clotrimazole may interact with other medications such as oral anticoagulants (blood thinners), certain seizure medications, and rifampin, among others.
- Sexual intercourse: It is recommended to avoid sexual intercourse while using Canesten 1 Day Vaginal Combi-Pak as it may reduce the effectiveness of the medication and may also increase the risk of spreading the infection to your partner.
- Irritation: The use of Canesten 1 Day Vaginal Combi-Pak may cause mild to moderate vaginal irritation, such as itching, burning, or redness. If symptoms persist or become severe, consult your healthcare provider.
- Overuse: Overusing the medication may result in a secondary infection or irritation, making the symptoms worse. Follow the recommended dosages and usage instructions provided with the medication.
- Alcohol: do not consume alcohol while using Canesten 1 Day Vaginal Combi-Pak as it may increase the risk of side effects such as dizziness, lightheadedness, or nausea.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long does Canesten 1 Day Vaginal Combipak take to work?
Canesten 1 Day Vaginal Combipak is a one-day treatment, and symptoms may start to improve within a few hours after the first dose. However, it may take several days for symptoms to completely clear.
Is Canesten 1 Day Vaginal Combipak safe?
Canesten 1 Day Vaginal Combipak is considered safe when used as directed and for the recommended duration. However, inform your healthcare provider of any other medical conditions, allergies, or concerns before using the medication.
Can Canesten 1 Day Vaginal Combipak be used during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should discuss the use of Canesten 1 Day Vaginal Combipak with their healthcare provider before using it.
It's important to purchase Canesten 1 Day Vaginal Combipak from verified Canadian pharmacy.