Table of contents:
Anusol-HC suppositories are used to treat hemorrhoids, rectal itching/swelling, and anorectal inflammation. The active ingredient in Anusol-HC suppositories is hydrocortisone acetate, which is a type of corticosteroid. This ingredient works by reducing inflammation and swelling in the affected area.
Anusol-HC suppositories are specifically designed for internal use in the rectum and are not intended to treat external hemorrhoids. For external hemorrhoids, consider using hemorrhoid creams or ointments that can be directly applied to the affected area.
Uses and Dosage
To use Anusol-HC suppositories, first wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Next, remove the foil wrapper from the suppository and moisten it with a little water. Gently insert the suppository, pointed end first, into the rectum with your finger, deep enough so it does not slide back out. It is usually recommended to use one suppository in the rectum, morning, and night, and after each bowel movement, as directed by your healthcare provider.
Typical dosing for Anusol-HC (Hydrocortisone acetate/Zinc Sulfate) rectal suppositories depends on the severity of the condition being treated. The usual dosage for nonspecific proctitis is one suppository in the rectum, administered morning and night for two weeks. The recommended dosage might increase to one suppository inserted three times daily for severe cases.
Common Side Effects of Anusol HC Suppository:
- Changes in skin color
- Folliculitis (swelling and redness in your hair follicles)
- Skin allergy
Serious Side Effects of Hydrocortisone Acetate/Zinc Sulfate:
- Changes in your menstrual periods
- Heat rash
- Increased facial or body hair growth
- Increased sweating
- Mild rectal pain or burning
- Stretch marks
- Thinning of the skin
- Wrinkled skin
Form and Strength:
Anusol HC Suppository (Hydrocortisone Acetate/Zinc Sulfate) is available in the following forms and strength:
Anusol HC Suppository: Suppository
Hydrocortisone Acetate/Zinc Sulfate: Suppository
- Anusol-HC suppositories are generally not recommended for use in children without a doctor's approval. Follow the dosage and usage instructions provided by your healthcare provider.
- Avoid using Anusol-HC suppositories for extended periods of time as this can increase the risk of side effects. Additionally, if you experience any signs of an allergic reaction, such as difficulty breathing or swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat, seek medical attention immediately.
- Avoid using Anusol-HC suppositories for extended periods of time, as this can increase the risk of side effects.
- Before using Anusol-HC suppositories, talk to your healthcare provider if you have any medical conditions that affect your rectum or anus, or if you are taking any medications.
- Do not use Anusol-HC suppositories if you are allergic to hydrocortisone acetate or any other ingredients in the medication.
- Anusol-HC suppositories are not recommended for use in children without a doctor's approval.
- Follow the dosage and usage instructions provided by your healthcare provider and the package labeling, including the recommended frequency of use.
- If you experience any signs of an allergic reaction, such as difficulty breathing or swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat, seek medical attention immediately.
- If you experience any severe or persistent symptoms, such as pain, bleeding, or discharge, contact your healthcare provider for further evaluation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How should I use Anusol-HC suppositories?
Use Anusol-HC suppositories as directed by your doctor, usually 2 or 3 times daily. The dosage and length of treatment will depend on your specific medical condition.
Can Anusol-HC suppositories be used during pregnancy?
Anusol-HC suppositories are generally considered safe to use during pregnancy, but you should always consult with your healthcare provider before using any medication during pregnancy.
Can Anusol-HC suppositories be used with other medications?
Anusol-HC suppositories can potentially interact with other medications, discuss all medications with your healthcare provider before using Anusol-HC suppositories.
How long does it take for Anusol-HC suppositories to work?
The amount of time it takes for Anusol-HC suppositories to work varies from person to person and depends on the severity of the condition being treated.
It's important to purchase Anusol HC Suppository from verified Canadian pharmacy.