Table of contents:
Clear Away Plantar Wart Remover is an over-the-counter product used for the removal of plantar warts. It contains salicylic acid, which is a common ingredient in wart removal products.
Salicylic acid is a type of keratolytic agent, which means that it helps to break down the skin cells that make up the wart. By softening and loosening the outermost layer of the skin, salicylic acid penetrates the wart tissue and dissolves the virus-infected cells.
Use and Dosage
To use Clearaway Plantar Wart Remover, follow these general steps:
- Clean the area around the wart thoroughly.
- Soak the affected area in warm water for 5 minutes to soften the wart and surrounding skin.
- Dry the area completely.
- Apply a single drop of the Clearaway Plantar Wart Remover liquid directly onto the wart using the applicator brush.
- Allow the solution to dry for several minutes.
- Cover the treated area with a bandage or tape.
- Repeat these steps daily until the wart has disappeared, but no more than 12 weeks.
Read and follow the instructions on the packaging carefully, as they may differ depending on the specific Clearaway Plantar Wart Remover product you are using. Additionally, note that if you experience any adverse effects or the wart does not improve after using the product, you should consult a healthcare professional.
Common Side Effects of Clearaway Plantar Wart Remover (Salicylic Acid - non-Rx):
- Redness and mild irritation at the site of application
- Peeling, flaking, or dryness of the skin
- Itching or burning at the site of application
- Mild pain or discomfort
- Darkening of the skin in the treated area
Serious Side Effects of Clearaway Plantar Wart Remover (Salicylic Acid - non-Rx):
- Difficult breathing
- Dryness and peeling of skin
- Hives or itching
- Redness of the skin
- Swelling of the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- Tightness in the throat
- Unusually warm skin
Forms and Strength
Clearaway Plantar Wart Remover (Salicylic Acid - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Clearaway Plantar Wart Remover: Pads
- Clearaway Plantar Wart Remover should only be used for the removal of plantar warts, and not for any other purposes.
- Clearaway Plantar Wart Remover may not be suitable for people with diabetes or other conditions affecting blood circulation.
- Clearaway Plantar Wart Remover should not be used on moles, birthmarks, or unusual skin growths without consulting a doctor first.
- Clearaway Plantar Wart Remover may cause skin irritation, redness, or other adverse reactions, in which case use should be discontinued.
- If the wart does not clear up after several weeks of using this product, or if it becomes irritated, infected, or bleeds, a doctor should be consulted.
- Clearaway Plantar Wart Remover should not be used on children under the age of 4 years without consulting a doctor first.
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should also consult a doctor before using this product.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can Clearaway Plantar Wart Remover be used on children?
Clearaway Plantar Wart Remover should not be used on children under the age of 4. For children over 4 years old, consult with a healthcare professional before using the product.
How long does it take for Clearaway Plantar Wart Remover to work?
Clearaway Plantar Wart Remover may take several weeks of consistent use to work effectively. Follow the instructions carefully and continue using the product until the wart disappears.
Can Clearaway Plantar Wart Remover be used on genital warts?
No, Clearaway Plantar Wart Remover is not intended for use on genital warts. Consult with a healthcare professional for advice on treating genital warts.
It's important to purchase Clearaway Plantar Wart Remover from verified Canadian pharmacy.