How does it work?
Cilazapril belongs to a group of medicines called ACE inhibitors. It blocks the action of a chemical in the body called angiotensin converting enzyme. Normally, this chemical produces another chemical, angiotensin II. Thus cilazapril reduces the amount of angiotensin II which has two actions. Firstly it acts on the blood vessels to make them narrow and secondly it acts on the kidney to produce less urine. As cilazapril stops the production of angiotensin II, these actions are reversed. Therefore more urine is produced by the kidneys, which results in less fluid in the blood vessels. The blood vessels also widen. The overall effect of this is a drop in blood pressure and a decrease in the workload of the heart.
What is cilazapril used for?
- Heart failure
- High blood pressure
Use with caution in
- history of swelling of the lips, face or tongue (angioedema)
- kidney disease
- narrowing of blood vessels in the extremities
- people on a low sodium diet
Not to be used if
- You are allergic to any of the active ingredients
- You have disease of the blood vessels in the kidney (renovascular disease)
- You have fluid collection in abdomen (ascites)
- You have narrowing of the main artery of the body (aortic stenosis)
- You are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breast feeding
Side effects of cilazapril
- diarrhoea, constipation, nausea, vomiting or abdominal pain
- dry cough
- severe swelling of lips, face or tongue
- alteration in taste
- difficulty in breathing due to narrowing of the airways
- disorders of the blood, kidney or liver
Online Pharmacies Canada, a Canadian Internet-based pharmacy intermediary (license #BC Q37),offers long term prescription drugs for low cost Canadian online pharmacy prices. Online Pharmacies Canada facilitates the review of your prescription drugs and your general health. We forward all prescriptions to affiliated CIPA certified licensed Canada pharmacies to be filled. A professionally registered pharmacist fills all discount Canadian prescriptions.
For more information on how you can order your Canada drugs call 1-877-536-8162 or visit http://www.onlinepharmaciescanada.com/.