Table of contents:
Tylenol JR chewable is indicated for use for children ages 2-11 years for temporary relief of minor aches, pains, and fever. The bubble gum flavor of Children's Tylenol Chewables contain acetaminophen as the active ingredient, which is a pain reliever and fever reducer.
Acetaminophen works by blocking the production of prostaglandins, which are chemicals in the body that cause inflammation and pain. By reducing the production of these chemicals, acetaminophen can help to reduce pain and fever, making children feel more comfortable.
Use and Dosage
Tylenol JR Chewables Bubblegum comes as a chewable tablet to take by mouth, with or without food. The tablets are chewable, which makes them easy to take for children who have trouble swallowing pills. Give the tablet to the child to chew, making sure they chew it thoroughly before swallowing.
The dosage of the tablet will depend on the child's age, weight, and the severity of their symptoms. Do not exceed the recommended dosage and to carefully follow the instructions on the packaging to avoid overdose, which can be harmful. Repeat the dosage as needed, but do not exceed the maximum recommended daily dose as this can lead to liver damage. Store the medication in a cool and dry place, out of the reach of children.
Common Side Effects of Tylenol JR Chewables Bubblegum (Acetaminophen - non-Rx):
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
Serious Side Effects of Tylenol JR Chewables Bubblegum (Acetaminophen - non-Rx):
- Abdominal pain
- Allergic reaction with symptoms such as rash, itching, swelling of the face, tongue, and throat
- Liver problems such as yellowing of the skin or eyes, dark urine
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
Forms and Strength
Tylenol JR Chewables Bubblegum (Acetaminophen - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Tylenol JR Chewables Bubblegum: Tablet (bubblegum flavour)
- Allergic reactions can occur such as rash, hives, and difficulty breathing.
- It can cause stomach bleeding, especially in people who have a history of stomach problems such as ulcers and gastritis.
- Should not be taken with other products that contain acetaminophen or prescription pain medications, as it can increase the risk of overdose or liver damage.
- Tylenol can interact with other medications, including blood thinners, and should not be taken without consulting a healthcare professional first.
- It should not be taken with alcohol, as it can increase the risk of liver damage.
- Tylenol can cause allergic reactions, such as skin rash, hives, or itching. Stop use and seek medical attention if an allergic reaction occurs.
- Tylenol can interact with other medications you are taking, such as blood thinners, and you should consult with a healthcare professional before using the tablet.
- Children with liver disease or other medical conditions should talk to a healthcare professional before using the tablet.
- Tylenol should not be used for more than 5 days for pain or 3 days for fever, unless directed by a healthcare professional.
- The correct dose should be based on the child's weight and age, and you should not exceed the recommended dose.
- If the child has a history of liver problems or consumes more than three alcoholic beverages per day, they should talk to a healthcare professional before using the tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are there any interactions between Acetaminophen and food or drinks?
The tablet should not be taken with alcohol, as it can increase the risk of liver damage. Otherwise, there are no known interactions between the tablet and food or drinks.
Can Tylenol JR Chewables Bubblegum (Acetaminophen) be stored at room temperature?
Yes, it can be stored at room temperature, but it should be kept out of reach of children and away from heat and moisture.
Can Tylenol JR Chewables Bubblegum be used for more than a few days?
It should not be used for more than 5 days for pain or 3 days for fever, unless directed by a healthcare professional.
It's important to purchase Tylenol JR Chewables Bubblegum from verified Canadian pharmacy.