Robaxacet Extra Strength is a medication used for effective pain relief associated with muscle spasm such as back pain, tense neck muscles, strains and sprains.it is a combination of two active ingredients Methocarbamol and Acetaminophen.
Acetaminophen works by blocking the production of prostaglandins, which are substances that cause pain and inflammation, while methocarbamol works by blocking the nerve impulses that cause the muscles to spasm. The combination of these two drugs provides relief from pain as well as a relaxation effect on the muscles.
Use and Dosage
Robaxacet Extra Strength comes in the form of tablet to take by mouth usually. Take the tablet by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor. Do not increase your dose or use it more often or for longer than prescribed. Your condition will not improve any faster, and your risk of side effects will increase.
The Robaxacet Extra Strength tablet contains acetaminophen to relieve pain and methocarbamol to relax tense muscles. The recommended dosage for adults for temporary relief of pain associated with muscle spasm is 2 tablets or caplets taken 4 times a day. Follow the instructions provided by your doctor or on the packaging of the medication. If you have any questions or concerns, it is best to consult with your doctor or a healthcare professional.
Common Side Effects of Robaxacet Extra Strength (Methocarbamol/Acetaminophen):
- Stomach upset
- Blurred vision may occur
Serious Side Effects of Robaxacet Extra Strength (Methocarbamol/Acetaminophen):
- Slow heartbeat
- Mental/mood changes (such as confusion, forgetfulness)
Forms and Strength
Robaxacet Extra Strength (Methocarbamol/Acetaminophen) is available in the following forms and strength:
Robaxacet Extra Strength: Tablet
- 400/500 mg
- People with liver problems and children should take less acetaminophen, according to the prescribing information.
- Acetaminophen may cause severe or fatal liver damage and is associated with an increased risk of liver toxicity, especially if taken in higher than recommended doses.
- Methocarbamol should be used with caution in people with kidney problems and elderly individuals, according to an article about medications that older adults should avoid or use with caution.
- Robaxacet Extra Strength contains both acetaminophen and methocarbamol, which can interact with other medications. Let your doctor or pharmacist know about all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal supplements) to prevent drug interactions
- Acetaminophen can be found in many other over-the-counter medications and prescription drugs and avoid taking too much acetaminophen. If you are taking other medications that contain acetaminophen, you should be careful not to exceed the maximum recommended daily dose.
- Methocarbamol can cause drowsiness, dizziness, and other side effects that may impair your ability to drive or operate heavy machinery, so you should be cautious when performing tasks that require mental alertness.
- Taking Robaxacet Extra Strength with alcohol or other drugs that cause drowsiness can increase the risk of side effects or overdose, avoid alcohol, and consult with your healthcare provider if you are taking any other medications.
- Robaxacet Extra Strength may not be safe for everyone, and you should avoid taking it if you have certain medical conditions (such as a history of liver or kidney disease) or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking the tablet if you have any questions or concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How often can I take Robaxacet Extra Strength?
According to the prescribing information, the recommended dose of Robaxacet Extra Strength is two tablets (equivalent to 500 mg of acetaminophen and 400 mg of methocarbamol) taken every 6 hours as needed for pain. However, follow the instructions on the label and consult with your healthcare provider before taking any medication.
Can I take Robaxacet Extra Strength if I’m allergic to aspirin?
Robaxacet Extra Strength does not contain aspirin, so it may be safe for people who are allergic or sensitive to aspirin. However, if you have a history of allergic reactions to any medication, you should talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Robaxacet Extra Strength.
Can Robaxacet Extra Strength cause drowsiness?
Yes, Robaxacet Extra Strength can cause drowsiness and other side effects that may impair your ability to drive or operate heavy machinery. Be cautious when performing tasks that require mental alertness, especially when first starting the tablet.
Is Robaxacet Extra Strength a narcotic?
No, Robaxacet Extra Strength is not a narcotic. It contains an analgesic (acetaminophen) and a muscle relaxant (methocarbamol).
Is it safe to take Robaxacet Extra Strength long-term?
The safety of long-term use of Robaxacet Extra Strength has not been established, and it is not recommended to take it for longer than 7-10 days without consulting with your healthcare provider. Prolonged use of acetaminophen or other medications that contain it can lead to liver damage or other adverse effects.