Table of contents:
Robax Platinum is commonly used to relieve pain associated with muscle spasm such as strains and sprains. It is a combination medication that contains two drugs - methocarbamol and ibuprofen.
Methocarbamol belongs to a class of medications called muscle relaxants that reduce muscle spasms. Ibuprofen belongs to a class of medications called nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) that reduce pain and inflammation.
Use and Dosage
Robax Platinum comes in the form of tablet to take orally by mouth every 4 - 6 hours. Take Robax Platinum with food or milk to prevent stomach upset. Do not exceed the recommended dosage and do not take it for longer than 7-10 days without consulting a healthcare professional. If your symptoms worsen or do not improve after a few days of taking Robax Platinum, contact your healthcare provider.
Take Robax Platinum Tablet exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If your doctor has told you to take the tablet on a regular basis and you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible and continue with your regular schedule. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one. If you are not sure what to do after missing a dose, contact your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Common Side Effects of Robax Platinum (Methocarbamol/ Ibuprofen - non-Rx):
- Bloating or gas
- Difficulty sleeping
- Heartburn or indigestion
- Stomach pain or cramps
Serious Side Effects of Robax Platinum (Methocarbamol/ Ibuprofen - non-Rx):
- Blurred vision
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Fluid retention (swollen ankles)
- Hearing problems
- Ringing in the ears
- Signs of bleeding (unusual bleeding or bruising, bleeding gums, unexplained nosebleeds)
- Signs of urinary tract problems
- Bladder pain
- Bloody or cloudy urine
- Difficult, burning, or painful urination
- Change in urine color or odor
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Sudden, large increase or decrease in the amount of urine
- Loss of bladder control
- Signs of liver problems
- Dark urine
- Pale stools
- Stomach pain
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes
- Changes in vision
Forms and Strength
Robax Platinum (Methocarbamol/ Ibuprofen - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Robax Platinum: Tablet
- Active peptic ulcer, a history of recurrent ulceration or active inflammatory disease of the G.I. system, such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
- Children (equal to or greater than 12 years of age) with kidney disease or who have suffered significant fluid loss due to vomiting, diarrhea, or lack of fluid intake, should not be given ibuprofen.
- Known hypersensitivity to methocarbamol or ibuprofen. Patients who are hypersensitive to this drug or to any ingredient in the formulation or component of the container.
- Patients with the complete or partial syndrome of nasal polyps, or in whom asthma, anaphylaxis, urticaria, rhinitis or other allergic manifestations are precipitated by ASA or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents.
- Severely impaired or deteriorating renal function (creatinine clearance <30mL/min). Individuals with lesser degrees of renal impairment are at risk of deterioration of their renal function when prescribed NSAIDs and must be monitored.
- Robax Platinum should not be used in patients who have significant hepatic impairment or active liver disease.
- There is a potential for cross-reactivity between different NSAIDs and ibuprofen, and patients sensitive to other carbamate derivatives and methocarbamol.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How often can I take Robax Platinum?
The recommended dose of Robax Platinum is one or two tablets, taken up to three times daily, depending on your condition.
How long does it take for Robax Platinum to work?
The onset of action for Robax Platinum varies depending on the individual and the severity of their symptoms.
Can I take Robax Platinum with other medications?
You should talk to your healthcare provider before taking Robax Platinum with other medications, as it may interact with certain medications.
Is Robax Platinum addictive?
Robax Platinum is not known to be addictive.
It's important to purchase Robax Platinum from verified Canadian pharmacy.