Table of contents:
Remeron SolTab is an antidepressant medication used to treat major depressive disorder in adults. It is also known as mirtazapine and is available in generic form. Mirtazapine works by restoring the balance of certain natural substances (neurotransmitters) in the brain.
Remeron SolTab is available as orally disintegrating tablets, making it easier to administer for patients who have difficulty swallowing.
Use and Dosage
Remeron Soltab is available in the form of disintegrating tablets that are taken by mouth. Follow the directions on the prescription label, as these tablets are designed to dissolve in the mouth. After placing the tablet in the mouth, allow it to dissolve before swallowing. Although you can take these tablets with water, it is not necessary. Take Remeron Soltab at regular intervals, but do not take your medicine more frequently than instructed.
The recommended starting dose of Remeron SolTab (mirtazapine) is typically 15 mg once daily, administered orally, preferably in the evening before sleep. The dosage may be increased no more frequently than every 1 to 2 weeks but should not exceed 45 mg once daily. The anticipated dosage range is to be individualized and may be above or below the recommended range, based on the patient's response and tolerance to the medication.
Do not stop taking this medication suddenly, except under the guidance of your doctor, as abrupt discontinuation may result in serious side effects or a worsening of your condition. If you suspect that you have taken too much, seek emergency medical attention right away. Remeron Soltab is intended only for your use and should not be shared with others. If you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose and avoid taking double or extra doses.
Common Side Effects of Remeron Soltab (Mirtazapine):
- Change in appetite
- Dry mouth
- Muscle aches or pains
- Weight gain
Serious Side Effects of Remeron Soltab (Mirtazapine):
- Allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue
- Changes in vision
- Chest pain
- Elevated mood, decreased need for sleep, racing thoughts, or impulsive behavior
- Eye pain
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Feeling agitated, angry, or irritable
- Feeling faint or lightheaded, falls
- Fever or chills, sore throat
- Hallucination, loss of contact with reality
- Loss of balance or coordination
- Mouth sores
- Redness, blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin, including inside the mouth
- Restlessness, pacing, inability to keep still
- Stiff muscles
- Suicidal thoughts or other mood changes
- Trouble passing urine or change in the amount of urine
- Trouble sleeping
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Unusually weak or tired
Forms and Strength
Remeron Soltab (Mirtazapine) is available in the following forms and strength:
Remeron Soltab: Disintegrating Tablet
- 15 mg
- 30 mg
- 45 mg
- 15 mg
- 30 mg
- 45 mg
- Exercise caution when taking the medication, as it can cause side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, increased appetite, and weight gain.
- Follow your healthcare provider's instructions when taking the tablet and inform them about any other medications or supplements you are taking.
- Use Remeron SolTab with caution in patients with a history of seizures or in those with liver or kidney problems.
- The medication may cause a decrease in white blood cells, which can weaken the immune system and increase the risk of infection.
- Abrupt discontinuation of the medication may lead to withdrawal symptoms, including nausea, headache, and insomnia.
- Remeron SolTab may cause an increase in suicidal thoughts or behaviors in some patients, especially in children and young adults.
- The medication should be used with caution in the elderly, as they may be more sensitive to the side effects of the drug.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long does it take for Remeron Soltab to work?
It may take several weeks for Remeron Soltab to take effect. Continue taking the medication as prescribed, even if symptoms do not improve immediately.
Can Remeron Soltab be taken during pregnancy?
Speak with a healthcare professional before taking Remeron Soltab during pregnancy, as the risks and benefits should be carefully evaluated for each individual case.
Can Remeron Soltab be taken by children?
Remeron Soltab is not approved for use in children.
Can Remeron Soltab be taken by older adults?
Older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of Remeron Soltab, and a lower dosage may be prescribed.
Can Remeron Soltab be taken with alcohol?
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Remeron Soltab, as it may increase the risk of side effects.
It's important to purchase Remeron Soltab from verified Canadian pharmacy.