Table of contents:
Ozonol Antibiotic plus Ointment is a medication used for minor skin wounds and irritations, such as cuts, scrapes, and minor burns. It helps to prevent infection and provides almost immediate relief to minor skin wounds. The medication typically requires several days to take effect, and contains ingredients such as Bacitracin, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Polymyxin B sulfate, and others.
Bacitracin inhibits bacterial cell wall synthesis, while Polymyxin B Sulfate disrupts bacterial cell membrane function. Lidocaine Hydrochloride provides almost immediate relief to pain associated with minor skin wounds and irritations. The combination of these ingredients helps to prevent infection, reduce pain, and promote healing of minor skin wounds and irritations.
Use and Dosage
Ozonol Antibiotic plus Ointment is typically used for skin infections and requires several days to take effect. To use Ozonol Antibiotic plus Ointment, the following procedures are recommended:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before application.
- Clean the affected area with soap and water and pat it dry.
- Apply a small amount of the ointment to cover the affected area.
- Gently rub the ointment into the skin.
- Repeat the process 1 to 3 times daily, or as directed by your doctor.
- You may cover the affected area with a bandage after application if needed.
Follow the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist and do not exceed the recommended dosage. If you experience any side effects or your symptoms worsen, contact your healthcare provider for further advice.
Common Side Effects of Ozonol Antibiotic Plus Ointment (Bacitracin/Lidocaine Hydrochloride/Polymyxin B - non-Rx):
- Allergic reactions
- Digestive problems
- Infections with antibiotic-resistant bacteria
Serious Side Effects of Ozonol Antibiotic plus Ointment (Bacitracin/Lidocaine Hydrochloride/Polymyxin B - non-Rx):
- Decrease in white blood cells
- Kidney failure
- Liver damage
Forms and Strength
Ozonol Antibiotic Plus Ointment (Bacitracin/Lidocaine Hydrochloride/Polymyxin B - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Ozonol Antibiotic Plus Ointment: Ointment
- Do not use Ozonol Antibiotic Plus Ointment on deep or puncture wounds, animal bites, or serious burns. It is only meant for minor skin wounds and irritations and may not be effective or safe for more serious injuries.
- Be sure to tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any allergies to any of the active or inactive ingredients in Ozonol Antibiotic Plus Ointment.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women should talk to their doctor before using Ozonol Antibiotic Plus Ointment.
- Some people may experience side effects such as itching, redness, or swelling at the site of application. If you experience any persistent or severe side effects, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
- In rare cases, people may experience an allergic reaction to Ozonol Antibiotic Plus Ointment, which may include symptoms such as swelling, itching, or difficulty breathing. If you experience these symptoms, seek medical attention immediately.
- Lidocaine Hydrochloride may cause an allergic reaction in some people. If you experience signs of an allergic reaction, such as hives, difficulty breathing, or swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat, seek emergency medical attention.
- Be careful not to get Ozonol Antibiotic plus Ointment in your eyes, mouth, or nose. If this happens, rinse the affected area(s) with water immediately.
- Ozonol Antibiotic plus Ointment may interact with other medications you are taking. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using the Ointment if you are taking other prescription or over-the-counter medications, including vitamins and supplements.
- Do not use Ozonol Antibiotic plus Ointment if the packaging is damaged or the expiration date has passed.
- Keep Ozonol Antibiotic plus Ointment out of the reach of children. If accidentally ingested, seek medical attention immediately.
- Store Ozonol Antibiotic plus Ointment at room temperature and away from heat and direct sunlight.
- If your symptoms do not improve after using Ozonol Antibiotic plus Ointment for several days, or if they get worse, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is Ozonol Antibiotic plus Ointment safe to use for children?
Consult with a healthcare professional before using any medication, including Ozonol Antibiotic plus Ointment, on children.
Can Ozonol Antibiotic plus Ointment be used on open wounds?
Yes, Ozonol Antibiotic plus Ointment can be used on open wounds to prevent infection and promote healing.
How often should I apply Ozonol Antibiotic plus Ointment?
Ozonol Antibiotic plus Ointment should be applied 2-3 times daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
It's important to purchase Ozonol Antibiotic Plus Ointment from verified Canadian pharmacy.