Table of contents:
Solarcaine Gel is an over-the-counter topical medication used provides fast cooling pain relief for sunburns and minor burns. It contains an active ingredient called lidocaine, a local anesthetic that works by blocking the signals of pain sent by nerve endings in the affected area. This relieves pain and makes the affected area feel numb, providing temporary relief from pain and itching caused by minor skin irritations, burns, and sunburns.
Use and Dosage
Solarcaine Gel is a topical medication that is used for the temporary relief of pain and itching associated with minor skin irritations, burns, and sunburns.
The recommended dosage for Solarcaine Gel may vary depending on the severity of the condition being treated and the age of the patient. The usual dose is to apply a thin layer of Solarcaine Gel to the affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily. Children under the age of 2 should consult a doctor before using Solarcaine Gel.
Here is how to use Solarcaine Gel:
- Start by cleaning the affected area with mild soap and water.
- Apply a thin layer of Solarcaine Gel to the affected area and gently massage it in until it is absorbed into the skin.
- You should apply Solarcaine Gel not more than 3 to 4 times daily.
- If the skin becomes irritated or if symptoms persist for more than 7 days, stop using the product and consult a healthcare professional.
- Solarcaine Gel is for external use only. Do not apply it to open wounds or damaged skin.
Note: Read the instructions provided with the Solarcaine Gel product and follow them carefully. If you have any doubts about how to use Solarcaine Gel, consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Common Side Effects of Solarcaine Gel (Lidocaine HCl - non-Rx):
- Mild irritation or burning sensation at the application site
- Redness or rash
- Swelling or sensitivity
- Allergic reaction (rare)
Serious Side Effects of Solarcaine Gel (Lidocaine HCl - non-Rx):
- Blistering, crusting, irritation, itching, or reddening of the skin
- Cracked, dry, or scaly skin
- Fast heartbeat
- Hives or welts, itching, skin rash
- Joint pain, stiffness, or swelling
- Large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or genitals
- Noisy breathing
- Swelling of the eyelids, face, lips, hands, or feet
- Tightness in the chest
- Trouble breathing or swallowing
Forms and Strength
Solarcaine Gel (Lidocaine HCl - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Solarcaine Gel: Gel
- Do not use Solarcaine Gel if you are allergic to lidocaine or any other ingredients in the gel.
- Avoid getting Solarcaine Gel in your eyes, nose, mouth, or on open wounds.
- Do not cover the treated area with a bandage or other covering unless directed by your doctor.
- Solarcaine Gel may cause skin irritation, redness, or swelling. If the symptoms worsen or persist, consult a doctor.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should consult your doctor before using Solarcaine Gel.
- Solarcaine Gel should only be used as directed by your doctor or according to the instructions on the label.
- Solarcaine Gel may interact with certain medications, inform your doctor or pharmacist about any medications you are taking before using Solarcaine Gel.
- If you experience any signs of an allergic reaction, such as rash, itching, swelling, or difficulty breathing, stop using Solarcaine Gel and seek medical attention immediately.
- Solarcaine Gel should not be used on large areas of the body or for extended periods of time without the supervision of a doctor.
- Solarcaine Gel should not be used on children under the age of 2 without the supervision of a doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can Solarcaine Gel be used on other types of burns besides sunburns?
While Solarcaine Gel is specifically formulated for sunburn relief, it may also be used to help relieve pain and discomfort from minor burns, such as those from cooking or hot water.
Can Solarcaine Gel be used on children?
Solarcaine Gel is safe for use on children over the age of 2, but it is always recommended to consult with a doctor before using any over-the-counter medications on children.
How quickly will Solarcaine Gel provide relief?
Solarcaine Gel provides fast-acting relief from sunburn pain and discomfort. Many people report feeling immediate relief after applying the gel.
Can Solarcaine Gel be used on sensitive skin?
While Solarcaine Gel is considered safe for use on most skin types, patch test a small area of skin before applying it to larger areas, especially if you have sensitive skin.
It's important to purchase Solarcaine Gel from verified Canadian pharmacy.