Table of contents:
Myoflex Cream Extra Strength is an over-the-counter pain relief cream that is used to relieve pain and stiffness in muscles and joints. It can be indicated to relieve pain and stiffness associated with arthritis, muscle strains and sprains, and other similar conditions.
Myoflex Cream Extra Strength contains 15% of the active ingredient trolamine salicylate, which is a type of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). Trolamine salicylate works by decreasing the production of prostaglandins, which are substances in the body that can cause pain, swelling, and inflammation.
Use and Dosage
Myoflex Cream Extra Strength is intended for external use only. It should not come into contact with your eyes, nose, mouth, or vagina. Use it 3-4 times daily or as needed for pain relief.
- Clean and dry the affected area before applying the cream.
- Apply a small amount of the cream directly to the area and massage into the skin until it is fully absorbed
- Wash your hands after applying the medication and be sure to avoid contact with your eyes or other sensitive areas.
If you use it, put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it. If it is close to the time of your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal schedule. Be sure not to put on two doses or extra doses. Myoflex is often used on an as-needed basis, but do not use more than directed by your healthcare provider.
Common Side Effects of Myoflex Cream Extra Strength (Triethanolamine Salicylate -non-Rx):
- Skin irritation
Serious Side Effects of Myoflex Cream Extra Strength (Triethanolamine Salicylate -non-Rx):
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like: rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat
Forms and Strength
Myoflex Cream Extra Strength (Triethanolamine Salicylate -non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Myoflex Cream Extra Strength: Muscle Rub
- Do not use it if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in the cream.
- If you have sensitive skin or skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, or sunburn, use it with caution and consult a doctor before using.
- Do not apply it to open wounds or damaged skin.
- Do not use it with a heating pad or bandage as it may cause skin irritation or burns.
- Do not use it on children under 12 years old unless directed by a doctor.
- If your symptoms persist or worsen after using the cream, stop use and consult a doctor.
- Avoid contact with eyes, mouth, and other mucous membranes.
- Do not use other topical products containing salicylates or other pain relievers unless approved by a doctor.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, consult a doctor before using Myoflex Cream Extra Strength.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is Myoflex Cream Extra Strength safe to use?
Myoflex Cream Extra Strength is considered safe to use when used as directed on the product label. However, pregnant, or breastfeeding women and children under 12 years old should consult their doctor before using it.
Can Myoflex Cream Extra Strength be used for chronic pain?
Myoflex Cream Extra Strength may be used for chronic pain but consult a healthcare professional for advice on the best course of treatment.
How quickly does Myoflex Cream provide pain relief?
The effectiveness and duration of pain relief may also vary depending on the severity of the pain and the individual's response to the cream.
It's important to purchase Myoflex Cream Extra Strength from verified Canadian pharmacy.