Table of contents:
Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength is a pain-relieving cream that contains the maximum amount of a pain reliever available in an analgesic rub for relieving arthritic or rheumatic pain, as well as backache or lumbago.
The active ingredient in Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength is trolamine salicylate, which is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It is available over the counter without a prescription. It works by blocking the production of prostaglandins, which are substances in the body that cause inflammation and pain.
Use and Dosage
Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength should only be applied to the skin and should not come into contact with any orifice, including the eyes, nose, mouth, or vagina. If contact does occur, rinse the affected area with a generous amount of water.
Application of the medication should be conducted no more than three to four times daily by gently and thoroughly rubbing the cream into the afflicted area. After application, wash your hands immediately, unless the treatment is being conducted on your hands.
To avoid any potential complications, do not apply Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength to any broken or irritated skin, nor should it be bandaged, tightly wrapped, or exposed to any form of heat, including heating pads, as it could lead to an escalation of unpleasant side effects.
In case of a missed dose, apply the medication as promptly as possible. However, if the time for the next scheduled dose is nearing, the missed dose should be skipped to avoid administering excess amounts. Remember, Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength is an as-needed medication, and it should not be used in larger quantities than recommended by your healthcare provider.
Common Side Effects of Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength (Triethanolamine Salicylate -non-Rx):
- Skin irritation
Serious Side Effects of Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength (Triethanolamine Salicylate -non-Rx):
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat
Forms and Strength
Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength (Triethanolamine Salicylate -non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength: Muscle Rub
- Allergic reactions: Some individuals may be sensitive to the ingredients in Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength and may experience an allergic reaction. If symptoms such as difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, tongue or throat, or severe rash occur, seek immediate medical attention.
- Skin irritation: Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength should be used only as directed and not applied to broken or irritated skin. Skin irritation may occur with use, and if it does, discontinue use and consult a healthcare provider.
- Interaction with other medications: Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength may interact with other medications, such as blood thinners or aspirin. Speak with a healthcare provider before use if taking any prescription or over-the-counter medications.
- Caution during pregnancy and breastfeeding: As with all medications, Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength should not be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding unless directed by a healthcare provider.
- Do not use on children: Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength is not recommended for use on children under the age of 12 unless recommended by a healthcare provider.
- Do not apply to mucous membranes: The cream should not be applied to the eyes, mouth, or other mucous membranes. If accidental contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure: As with all topical medications, Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength may increase sensitivity to sunlight. Avoid excessive sun exposure while using the cream.
- Not for use on pets: Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength is intended for use on humans only and should not be used on pets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How often can I use Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength?
Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength can be applied up to four times daily, or as directed by a healthcare provider.
Can Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength be used with other medications?
Speak with a healthcare provider before using Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength with other medications to avoid potential interactions.
Can I use Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength for headaches or migraines?
Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength is not intended to be used for headaches or migraines, and there are other medications specifically formulated for these conditions that may be more effective.
It's important to purchase Myoflex Cream Maximum Strength from verified Canadian pharmacy.