Table of contents:
DuoLube Eye Ointment is an over counter eye medication indicated to temporary relief to dry and irritated eyes. It also protects against further irritation.
DuoLube Eye Ointment contains two lubricants: white petrolatum and mineral oil which help soothe and comfort the eyes, reducing burning and irritation. It works by providing lubrication to the surface of the eye. This lubrication also helps to protect the eyes from further irritation.
Use and Dosage
DuoLube Eye Ointment is usually used 1 to 2 times daily as needed. If using an ointment once a day, it may be best to use it at bedtime.
To use DuoLube Eye Ointment, follow these steps:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Remove the cap from the tube.
- Tilt your head back and look up.
- Use your index finger to gently pull down your lower eyelid to form a pocket.
- Hold the tube above the eye with the tip close to the eye, but not touching it.
- Squeeze a small amount of ointment into the pocket formed by the lower eyelid.
- Close your eye and roll it around for a few seconds to spread the ointment over the surface of the eye.
- Repeat the process for the other eye, if directed to do so.
- Replace the cap on the tube.
If you are also using another kind of eye medication, wait at least 5 minutes before applying other medications. Use eye drops before eye ointments to allow the eye drops to enter the eye.
If you wear contact lenses, remove them before using most kinds of eye lubricants. Ask your doctor or pharmacist when you can replace your contact lenses. There are a few types of eye lubricants (some that contain polysorbates) that can be used while wearing contact lenses. Check the package to see if you can wear your contact lenses while using your product.
Common Side Effects of DuoLube Eye Ointment (White Petroleum/ Mineral Oitl - non-Rx):
- Eye pain
- Signs of an allergic reaction (e.g., rash, itching, swelling)
- Vision changes
Serious Side Effects of DuoLube Eye Ointment (White Petroleum/ Mineral Oitl - non-Rx):
- Blurred vision
- Eye redness or discomfort or other irritation not present before use of this medicine
- Increased sensitivity of eyes to light
- Matting or stickiness of eyelashes
- Swelling of eyelids
- Watering of eyes
Forms and Strength
DuoLube Eye Ointment (White Petroleum/ Mineral Oitl - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
DuoLube Eye Ointment: Ointment
- DuoLube Eye Ointment is for external use in the eye only and should not be ingested.
- Do not use DuoLube Eye Ointment if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- If you experience any eye pain, changes in vision, continued redness, or irritation of the eye, or if the condition worsens or persists for more than 72 hours, consult a healthcare professional.
- Do not touch the tip of the container to any surface, as this may cause contamination, leading to infection or eye damage.
- If you wear contact lenses, remove them before applying the ointment, and wait at least 15 minutes before reinserting them.
- Consult with a healthcare professional before using the product if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or using any other medications or supplements.
- Do not use the product if the seal on the tube is broken or damaged.
- DuoLube Eye Ointment may cause blurred vision after application. Do not drive or operate machinery until your vision has returned to normal.
- Depending on your individual experience, DuoLube Eye Ointment may feel sticky or cause temporary blurring of your vision. If you find these effects too uncomfortable, consult a healthcare professional to consider alternative products.
- Use caution when using DuoLube Eye Ointment with other eye medications, as they may interact or affect each other's effectiveness.
- Keep DuoLube Eye Ointment out of reach of children.
- Store DuoLube Eye Ointment at room temperature and away from heat and light.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is DuoLube Eye Ointment safe to use?
DuoLube Eye Ointment is generally considered safe to use as directed. However, follow the instructions provided with the product and consult with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns.
Can DuoLube Eye Ointment be used with contact lenses?
If you wear contact lenses, remove them before applying DuoLube Eye Ointment and wait at least 15 minutes before reinserting them.
How long does DuoLube Eye Ointment provide relief?
The relief provided by DuoLube Eye Ointment may vary depending on the severity of your dry eye condition and other factors.
It's important to purchase DuoLube Eye Ointment from verified Canadian pharmacy.