Table of contents:
Murine Tears is a brand of eye drops used to provide temporary relief from irritation due to dryness of the eyes, as well as prevention of discomfort due to minor eye irritations. It contains a combination of polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, and tetrahydrozoline hydrochloride.
Polyvinyl alcohol and povidone act as lubricants that help to moisturize and refresh the eyes. These ingredients work by forming a film over the surface of the eye, which helps to retain moisture and protect the eye from dryness and irritation.
Tetrahydrozoline hydrochloride is a decongestant that helps to reduce redness and swelling in the eye. It works by constricting the blood vessels in the eye, which reduces the amount of fluid that is released and helps to relieve inflammation. In combination, these ingredients provide temporary relief from dry, irritated eyes and minor eye irritations.
Use and Dosage
Murine Tears comes in the form of eye drops usually used as often as needed. To use Murine Tears, follow these steps:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before handling the eye drops.
- Tilt your head back and pull down your lower eyelid to create a small pocket.
- Hold the dropper directly over your eye and squeeze out one or two drops, as directed by the label.
- Blink a few times to spread the eye drops evenly across the eye.
- Repeat the process with the other eye if necessary.
- Replace the cap on the bottle and store it at room temperature.
Be sure to read and follow the label instructions carefully and do not exceed the recommended dosage or frequency of use. If you experience any adverse reactions, stop using the eye drops immediately and seek medical attention.
If you wear contact lenses, remove them before using most kinds of eye lubricants. Ask your doctor or pharmacist when you can replace your contact lenses. There are a few types of eye lubricants (some that contain polysorbates) that can be used while wearing contact lenses. Check the package to see if you can wear your contact lenses while using your product.
Common Side Effects of Murine Tears (Polyvinyl Alcohol/Povidone/Tetrahydrozoline non - Rx):
- Blurred vision
- Eye redness or discomfort or other irritation
- Increased sensitivity of eyes to light
- Matting or stickiness of eyelashes
- Swelling of eyelids
- Watering of eyes
Serious Side Effects of Murine Tears (Polyvinyl Alcohol/Povidone/Tetrahydrozoline non - Rx):
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like: rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Change in eyesight, eye pain, or very bad eye irritation
Forms and Strength
Murine Tears (Polyvinyl Alcohol/Povidone/Tetrahydrozoline non - Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Murine Tears: Drops
- Avoid prolonged use and consult a doctor if the eyes become red, swollen, or itchy after using the eye drops.
- Do not use the eye drops if you have glaucoma or other serious eye conditions without consulting a healthcare professional first.
- Keep the product out of reach of children and do not share it with others.
- Always read and follow the instructions on the label before using the eye drops.
- Do not use the eye drops if you are allergic to any of the ingredients listed on the label.
- If you wear contact lenses, remove them before using the eye drops and wait at least 10-15 minutes before reinserting them.
- Do not use the eye drops if they appear discolored or cloudy, or if the seal on the bottle is broken.
- If you experience any adverse reactions, such as eye pain, sensitivity to light, or changes in vision, stop using the eye drops immediately and seek medical attention.
- Store the eye drops at room temperature and away from direct sunlight or sources of heat.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How often can I use Murine Tears?
The recommended dosage of Murine Tears is 1-2 drops in each eye up to four times a day. Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
Can I use Murine Tears if I wear contact lenses?
If you wear contact lenses, remove them before using the eye drops and wait at least 10-15 minutes before reinserting them.
Can I use Murine Tears if I have an eye infection?
No, if you have an eye infection, do not use Murine Tears without consulting a healthcare professional first.
Can I use Murine Tears if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult a healthcare professional before using Murine Tears.
Can I use Murine Tears with other medications?
Consult a healthcare professional before using Murine Tears with other medications.
It's important to purchase Murine Tears from verified Canadian pharmacy.