Table of contents:
Celluvisc is a non-prescription eye drop product that contains carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) as the active ingredient. CMC is a compound used as an ophthalmic lubricant to alleviate symptoms of dry eye syndrome by increasing the viscosity of tears and providing longer-lasting lubrication for the eyes.
Celluvisc Ophthalmic is a preservative-free artificial tear that provides long-lasting relief and protection for dry eyes both day and night. It comes in an ophthalmic formula and is conveniently packaged in single-use vials for easy use.
Uses and Dosage
Usually, drops may be used as often as needed. Ointments are usually used 1 to 2 times daily as needed. If using an ointment once a day, it may be best to use it at bedtime.
To use Refresh Celluvisc Ophthalmic, follow these general guidelines:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before using the eye drops.
- Tilt your head back and pull your lower eyelid down slightly to create a small pocket.
- Hold the dropper directly above the eye and place the prescribed number of drops inside the lower eyelid.
- Blink several times to distribute the eye drops inside the eye (do not blink excessively).
- Repeat these steps for the other eye, if required.
- Recap the eye drop bottle and store it at room temperature.
Common Side Effects of Celluvisc (Carboxylmethylcellulose (CMC) - non-Rx):
- Blurred vision
- Crusting of eyelids
- Eye pain
- Redness in and around the eyes
- Skin rash
Serious Side Effects of Celluvisc (Carboxylmethylcellulose (CMC) - non-Rx):
- Arm or leg weakness
- Blurred vision
- Eye pain or swelling
- Feeling unsteady
- Fluttering in your chest
- High fever, profuse sweating, or tremors
- Irregular, or pounding heartbeats
- Loss of coordination
- Seeing halos around lights
- Severe headache
- Shortness of breath
- Slurred speech
- Sudden dizziness
- Sudden vision loss
- Trouble walking
- Tunnel vision
- Very stiff muscles
Form and Strength
Celluvisc (Carboxylmethylcellulose (CMC) - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
- Stop using the product and consult a doctor if you experience eye pain, changes in vision, continued redness, or irritation of the eye, or if the condition worsens or persists.
- Refresh Celluvisc is not meant for use with contact lenses.
- There may be some potential drug interactions with other medications, consult with a doctor or healthcare professional if you are taking any other medications.
- Some users may experience allergic reactions to certain ingredients in the product. If you experience symptoms such as itching, rash, or difficulty breathing, stop using the product immediately and seek medical attention.
- If you have a pre-existing eye condition, it may be wise to consult with a doctor or healthcare professional before using Refresh Celluvisc.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, speak with a doctor or healthcare professional before using Refresh Celluvisc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I soak my contacts in Refresh Celluvisc?
No, Refresh Celluvisc is not meant for use with contact lenses.
How long does the relief from Refresh Celluvisc last?
Refresh Celluvisc provides long-lasting relief for dry, irritated eyes.
Are there any side effects of using Refresh Celluvisc?
As with any medication, experience side effects from using Refresh Celluvisc. Stop using the product and consult a doctor if you experience eye pain, changes in vision, continued redness, or irritation of the eye, or if the condition worsens or persists.
Is Refresh Celluvisc available over the counter?
Yes, Refresh Celluvisc is an over-the-counter medication that does not require a prescription.
How should I store Refresh Celluvisc?
Store Refresh Celluvisc at room temperature and keep it out of reach of children.
It's important to purchase Celluvisc from verified Canadian pharmacy.