- FREE Express Shipping On Orders $99+
Ceftin (Cefuroxime)Prescription Required
|Dosage||Quantity & Price|
Cefuroxime (Generic alternate to Ceftin) Generic
|Dosage||Quantity & Price|
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Ceftin generically known as cefuroxime is an antibiotic used to treat a variety of bacterial infections. Cefuroxime is a type of antibiotic that belongs to the cephalosporin drug class. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria in the body, which helps to prevent further infection.
Cefuroxime is prescribed by many doctors to help patients get relief from their symptoms. It is used to treat infections caused by bacteria, such as ear infections, sinus infections, urinary tract infections, and skin infections.
Ceftin is available in both brand name and generic forms and can be taken either as a tablet. Ceftin is a powerful medication and should be taken only under the supervision of a physician.
Uses and Dosage
Ceftin (Cefuroxime) is available in tablet form and should be taken orally with or without food. Swallow the tablets whole and do not break, crush, or chew them. It is usually taken twice daily (every 12 hours) or as directed by your doctor. Additionally, the tablets should not be dissolved in liquids.
Although the dosage is based on your medical condition, age and response to therapy, the usual recommended dosage for Ceftin (Cefuroxime) tablets is 250-500 mg every 12 hours for adults. For children, the recommended dosage is 125-250 mg every 12 hours. Follow the instructions provided by your doctor or pharmacist for proper dosing and administration.
Common Side Effects of Cefuroxime
- Hyper activeness
- Mild nausea
- Mild stomach pain
- Muscle pain
- Stiff muscles
- Stuffy nose
- Unpleasant taste in mouth
- White patches on your mouth or lips
Serious Side Effects of Cefuroxime
- Blood in your urine
- Bloody or watery diarrhea
- Chest pain
- Confusion or weakness
- Dark urine
- Body aches
- Flu symptoms
- Quick or hammering heartbeats
- Unusual bleeding
Form and Strength
Ceftin (Cefuroxime) is available in the following forms and strengths.
· Ceftin: Tablet
- 125 mg
- 250 mg
- 500 mg
· Cefuroxime: Tablet
- 500 mg
- Before taking cefuroxime, inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have any allergies, especially to penicillin or cephalosporin antibiotics such as cephalexin.
- Before taking cefuroxime, inform your doctor or pharmacist of any medical history, especially if you have any of the following conditions: kidney disease, intestinal disease (colitis), liver disease, or poor nutrition.
- Ceftin may cause dizziness or drowsiness. It is important to avoid driving, operating machinery, or engaging in any activities that require alertness until you can do so safely. Limit alcohol consumption, speak to your doctor if you are using marijuana (cannabis).
- Inform your health care professional that you are taking cefuroxime before receiving any immunizations or vaccinations, as cefuroxime may cause live bacterial vaccines such as typhoid vaccine to not work properly.
- Taking Ceftin may reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills, potentially leading to an unintended pregnancy. Inform your doctor if you are taking birth control pills to prevent pregnancy.
- During treatment with this medication, use an alternative form of birth control to ensure that pregnancy is avoided.
- Ceftin can cause diarrhea, which may be a sign of a new infection. If you have diarrhea that is watery or has blood in it, do not use any medications to stop the diarrhea, unless instructed to do so by your doctor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the recommended dosage for Ceftin?
The recommended dosage of Ceftin is 250 mg to 500 mg taken orally twice daily (every 12 hours) or as directed by your doctor.
Does Ceftin interact with any other drugs?
Yes, Ceftin may interact with other drugs, including anticoagulants, probenecid, and other medications. Be sure to tell your doctor about all the medications and supplements you are taking before starting Ceftin.
What should I do if I miss a dose of Ceftin?
If you miss a dose of Ceftin, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and take your next dose at the regular time. Do not take two doses of Ceftin at the same time.
What should I do if I experience an allergic reaction to Ceftin?
If you experience any signs of allergic reaction, such as difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat, or hives, stop taking Ceftin and seek medical attention immediately.
Should I take Ceftin with food?
Yes, it is recommended to take Ceftin with food to increase absorption and reduce stomach upset.
125mg, 250mg, 500mg
42, 60, 84
Online Pharmacies Canada has provided information from third parties intended to increase awareness and does not contain all the information about Ceftin (Cefuroxime). Talk to your doctor or other qualified medical practitioners for medical attention or advice, or if you have any concerns about Ceftin (Cefuroxime).