AKLIEF Cream is a prescription medication used topically to treat acne vulgaris in patients over the age of 9. AKLIEF Cream is a prescription medication used topically to treat acne vulgaris in patients over the age of 9. It contains the retinoid molecule trifarotene, which specifically targets RAR-gamma, the most common retinoic acid receptor in the skin.
Trifarotene helps the skin replace its old skin cells at a faster pace, exfoliating away the old cells and reducing acne. It may cause skin irritation as a side effect, and it should be used with caution in patients with eczema or sensitivity to sunlight. Aklief Cream should only be used as directed by a healthcare professional.
Uses and Dosage
To use Aklief Cream, you should follow the instructions provided by your healthcare professional carefully. Here are some general usage guidelines:
- Gently cleanse the areas to be treated with a mild or soapless cleanser and pat dry.
- Apply a thin layer of Aklief Cream to the affected areas once a day in the evening, avoiding the eyes, lips, and nostrils.
- If you must be in sunlight or are sensitive to sunlight, use sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 15 and wear protective clothing.
Typical dosing for Aklief (trifarotene) involves using the cream once daily, generally in the evening. One pump should be used to cover the face, while two pumps should be used for the upper back, shoulders, and chest. If needed, an additional pump can be used for the middle and lower back. Do not to apply more than the recommended amount or frequency of Aklief Cream, as this may increase the risk of skin irritation.
Common Side Effects of Aklief Cream (Trifarotene):
- Irritation at application site
- Skin itching
- Mild stinging/burning
Serious Side Effects of Aklief Cream (Trifarotene):
- Changes in skin color
- Dry skin
- Pain at application site
- Skin blisters or sores
- Skin rash
- Skin redness
- Worsening of acne
Form and strength
Aklief Cream (Trifarotene) is available in the following forms and strength:
Aklief Cream: Cream
- Trifarotene cream may not be suitable for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding, and you should discuss the risks and benefits with your healthcare professional before using it.
- Aklief cream should not be used in combination with other retinoids or medications that have a similar mechanism of action.
- Trifarotene cream may cause skin irritation such as itching, burning, redness, and peeling. Patients should avoid using other topical acne medications or abrasive cleansers while using this medication.
- Aklief cream may make skin more sensitive to sunlight. Patients should avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight or artificial ultraviolet light (such as tanning booths or sunlamps) while using this medication and should use sunscreen or protective clothing.
- Aklief cream should only be used as prescribed by a healthcare professional and should not be used on areas of the skin with cuts, abrasions, or eczema.
- Patients should inform their healthcare professional about any other medications or supplements they are taking before starting aklief cream to avoid potential drug interactions.
- Aklief cream should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How does aklief cream work?
Trifarotene helps the skin replace its old skin cells at a faster pace, exfoliating away the old cells and reducing acne.
How do I use Aklief cream?
AKLIEF Cream should only be used as directed by a healthcare professional.
How long does it take for Aklief Cream to work?
You might notice improvement in how your skin looks in as soon as 2 weeks of using Aklief (trifarotene). In studies looking at how well Aklief (trifarotene) works, people were asked to use the medication for as long as 3 months.
Can AKLIEF Cream be used with other acne medications?
AKLIEF Cream should not be used in combination with other retinoids or medications that have a similar mechanism of action. You should discuss any other medications you are using with your healthcare professional before starting AKLIEF Cream.
How should AKLIEF Cream be stored?
AKLIEF Cream should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Keep the tube tightly closed when not in use.