Table of contents:
Timoptic Ocudose Preservative Free is an eye medication used to treat high intraocular (eye) pressure in patients with ocular hypertension or open-angle glaucoma. Lowering high pressure inside the eye helps to prevent blindness.
Timoptic eye drops contain the active ingredient, Timolol maleate, which is a type of medication known as a beta-blocker. Beta-blockers work by blocking the effects of certain chemicals in the body that can cause increased heart rate and blood pressure.
Use and Dosage
Timoptic Ocudose Preservative Free eye drops should be administered as directed by your healthcare provider, by administering one drop to the affected eye(s) twice daily.
To use Timoptic Ocudose Preservative Free eye drops, follow the instructions provided by your healthcare provider. The usual starting dose is one drop of 0.5% Preservative-free TIMOPTIC in OCUDOSE in the affected eye(s) administered twice a day. Tilt your head back, pull the lower eyelid down, and push the dropper to administer the drops into the affected eye. After using the drops, close your eyes and gently press a finger to the inside corner of the eye for at least one minute, to prevent the eye drops from draining into the tear duct and being absorbed into the body.
Do not touch the tip of the dropper to your eye or any other surface, as this can contaminate the drops and increase the risk of infection. Additionally, if you wear contact lenses, remove them before using the eye drops. Wait at least 15 minutes after using eye drops before putting in your contact lenses. If you accidentally miss a dose, apply it as soon as possible and then continue with your regular dosing schedule.
Common Side Effects of Timoptic Ocudose Preservative Free (Timolol Maleate):
- Blurred vision
- Burning and stinging when the drops are applied
- Burning or stinging in your eye
- Double vision
- Drooping eyelid
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Ringing in your ears
- Skin rash or worsening psoriasis
- Sleep problems (insomnia)
- Stuffy nose
- Tingling or cold feeling in your hands or feet
- Upset stomach
Serious Side Effects of Timoptic Ocudose Preservative Free (Timolol Maleate):
- Blurred vision
- Chest pain
- Depressed mood
- Difficulty breathing
- Eye pain
- Eye swelling
- Muscle weakness
- Numbness or cold feeling in your hands or feet
- Redness, severe discomfort, crusting, or drainage from the eye
- Seeing halos around lights
- Severe stinging or burning after using the eye drops
- Slow heartbeats
- Swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Trouble breathing
- Tunnel vision
- Unusual thoughts or behavior
Forms and Strength
Timoptic Ocudose Preservative Free (Timolol Maleate) is available in the following forms and strength:
Timoptic Ocudose Preservative Free: Eye drops
- Beta-adrenergic blocking agents, such as Timoptic Ocudose Preservative Free, should be used with caution in patients who have a history of cardiac failure, bronchospasm, or severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Timoptic Ocudose Preservative Free may interact with other medications, including beta-blockers taken orally or topically, calcium channel blockers, and other medications used to lower intraocular pressure. Always inform your doctor of all medications you are taking, including over-the-counter drugs and supplements, to avoid potential interactions.
- Timoptic Ocudose Preservative Free should be used with caution in patients with a history of hypersensitivity to any component of eye drops.
- Timoptic Ocudose Preservative Free should not be used in patients with sinus bradycardia, heart block greater than first degree, or cardiogenic shock.
- Timoptic Ocudose Preservative Free should be used with caution in patients with diabetes, hyperthyroidism, or hypoglycemia, as it may mask certain signs and symptoms of these conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What should I do if I miss a dose of Timoptic Ocudose Preservative Free?
If you miss a dose of Timoptic Ocudose Preservative Free, apply it as soon as you remember. However, if it is close to the time for your next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not apply a double dose to make up for a missed one.
How do I store Timoptic Ocudose Preservative Free?
Timoptic Ocudose Preservative Free should be stored below 25°C (77°F) and protected from light. Once an individual unit is opened, it should be used immediately, and any unused portions should be discarded.
How long does it take for Timoptic Ocudose Preservative Free to start working?
Timoptic Ocudose Preservative Free can start reducing intraocular pressure within 30 minutes of application, but it may take up to several weeks to see significant results.
How often do I need to see my doctor while using Timoptic Ocudose Preservative Free?
Your doctor will monitor your intraocular pressure and eye health and determine the appropriate interval for follow-up appointments. Attend all scheduled appointments and inform your doctor of any side effects or concerns you may have.
It's important to purchase Timoptic Ocudose Preservative Free from verified Canadian pharmacy.