Table of contents:
Temovate is used to treat various skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and dermatitis. It is for topical use on the skin to treat inflammation and itching caused by various skin conditions that respond to steroid medication, such as plaque psoriasis, eczema, and other dermatoses.
Temovate Cream contains the active ingredient clobetasol propionate. clobetasol belongs to the class of super-high-potency topical corticosteroids. It works by reducing inflammation in the skin. Clobetasol propionate lowers the activity of immune cells in the skin that cause inflammation, redness, and itching.
Uses and Dosage
Temovate Cream is applied in a thin layer to the affected area of skin one to two times daily or as directed by the physician. The cream is meant to be used on the skin only and should not be applied on the face, groin, or underarms unless directed to do so by your healthcare professional.
To use Temovate Cream, you should follow the directions provided by your healthcare professional. Before applying the medication, make sure to clean and dry the affected area. Gently rub the cream into the affected area until it disappears. Do not cover the treated area with a bandage or dressing unless directed by the healthcare professional. If you miss a dose, apply it as soon as you remember, but do not apply it more often or apply a double dose to make up for a missed dose. Use Temovate Cream only under the guidance of a healthcare professional as it can have potential side effects and risks associated with its use.
Use Temovate as directed by a doctor and only for the duration of time recommended by the prescribing doctor, which should not exceed 2 consecutive weeks due to the risk of adverse effects associated with long-term use. Temovate is generally not recommended for use in children under 12 years of age or during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
Common Side Effects of Temovate Cream (Clobetasol Propionate):
- Skin irritation
Serious Side Effects of Temovate Cream (Clobetasol Propionate):
- Acne-like bumps
- Changes in skin color
- Dry skin
- Hair loss (when used on the scalp)
- Heat rash
- Loss of skin color (hypopigmentation [high potency topical steroids])
- Secondary infection
- Skin irritation
- Skin rash or irritation around your mouth
- Spider veins
- Stretch marks
- Swollen hair follicles
- Temporary hair loss
- Thinning or softening of your skin
- Thinning skin
Form and Strength
Temovate Cream (Clobetasol Propionate) is available in the following forms and strengths:
Temovate Cream: Cream
Clobetasol Propionate: Cream
- Do not use Temovate Cream on the face, groin, or armpits unless directed by a doctor.
- Do not use Temovate Cream for more than 2 consecutive weeks without the recommendation and supervision of a doctor, as long-term use of topical corticosteroids may cause adverse effects such as skin thinning and weakening of the immune system.
- Do not use Temovate Cream on broken or infected skin, as it may worsen the condition.
- Do not use Temovate Cream if you have an allergy to clobetasol or any of its ingredients.
- Temovate Cream may cause some side effects such as skin irritation, burning, or itching, particularly if used for a prolonged period.
- Temovate Cream is generally not recommended for use in children under 12 years of age, or pregnant/breastfeeding women, without medical advice.
- Avoid using Temovate Cream near the eyes, as it may cause glaucoma or cataracts if it enters the eye.
- Long-term use of Temovate Cream may affect the body's ability to produce natural hormones, which can lead to a condition called adrenal suppression.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, talk to your doctor before using Temovate Cream.
- If you experience any severe side effects such as rash, hives, difficulty breathing, or swelling of the face or mouth, seek medical attention immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How should Temovate Cream be stored?
Temovate Cream should be stored at room temperature and away from heat and light.
Can Temovate Cream be used during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
Talk to your doctor before using Temovate Cream if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding.
How long Temovate Cream should be used for?
Temovate Cream should not be used for more than 2 consecutive weeks unless recommended by a doctor.
Can Temovate Cream be used on the face?
Temovate Cream should not be used on the face unless directed by a doctor.
It's important to purchase Temovate Cream from verified Canadian pharmacy.