Table of contents:
Stablon is oral medication primarily used in the treatment of major depressive disorder, but it may also have some benefit in treating anxiety and other mood disorders. It can be used to treat neurotic or reactive states of depression, anxio-depressive states with complaints such as digestive problems and observed in the alcoholic undergoing detoxification.
Stablon contains an active ingredient called tianeptine. It is classified as an atypical tricyclic antidepressant and is used in the treatment of major depressive disorder. It is believed to work by enhancing the reuptake of serotonin and has been shown to have neuroprotective properties.
It Stablon was first marketed in France in 1989 and is still available in some countries under the brand name Stablon or other brand names such as Tatinol and Coaxil. However, tianeptine is not approved for use in some countries such as the United States.
Use and Dosage
Stablon tablets are designed to be taken orally as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet whole and avoid crushing, chewing, or breaking it. Additionally, Stablon should be taken on an empty stomach.
The recommended dosage for Stablon is to take one tablet containing 12.5 mg, three times a day (morning, midday, and evening) at the beginning of the main meals. Small doses are recommended initially, and the dose can be increased, if necessary, under medical supervision. Follow your doctor's instructions when taking this medication and do not exceed the recommended dose.
Common Side Effects of Stablon (Tianeptine):
- Increased heart rate
- Dryness in mouth
- Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing)
- Difficulty in urination
- Weight gain
- Nausea or Vomiting
Serious Side Effects of Stablon (Tianeptine):
- Abdominal pain
- Decreased appetite
- Drug abuse
- Drug dependence
- Dry mouth
- Skin Rash
- Suicidal or self-harming thoughts
Forms and Strength
Stablon (Tianeptine) is available in the following forms and strength:
- There is a risk of addiction and misuse with the use of Stablon. Follow the instructions of your healthcare provider when taking this medication.
- Taking too much Stablon can lead to overdose, which can be life-threatening. Take the medication as directed by your healthcare provider.
- Stablon can interact with other medications, such as antidepressants, antipsychotics, and alcohol. Tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking to avoid potential interactions.
- Stablon should be used with caution during pregnancy and breastfeeding. The safety of Stablon during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been well established, and it may pose a risk to the fetus or infant.
- Stablon should be used with caution in individuals with liver or kidney problems, as these organs play a role in processing medications, including Stablon.
- There have been reports of cardiovascular events (such as chest pain and heart attack) associated with the use of Stablon in rare cases.
- Stablon may lower the seizure threshold in some individuals, so it should be used with caution in people with epilepsy or a history of seizures.
- Do not drive or operate any machines if you feel drowsy and decreased alertness after taking Stablon tablet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long does it take for Stablon to start working?
The amount of time it takes for Stablon to start working can vary from person to person. Some people may start to feel better within a few days, while it may take others several weeks to experience the full effects of the medication.
Is this a habit-forming medicine?
Habit forming tendencies have been reported, if used for a long time.
Can Stablon be used to treat other medical conditions?
Stablon is prescribed primarily for major depressive disorders and should only be used as directed by a licensed healthcare provider. Its use for other medical conditions has not been well established.
Can Stablon be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
Stablon should be used with caution during pregnancy and breastfeeding. The safety of Stablon during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been well established, and it may pose a risk to the fetus or infant.
It's important to purchase Stablon from verified Canadian pharmacy.