Table of contents:
Safe T Pro Lancets are a type of lancet device used for obtaining capillary blood samples. They are designed with safety features to minimize the risk of injury and cross-contamination.
These lancets have multiple safety features and customizable depth settings, making them advantageous for patient safety and ease of use. They comply with safety requirements set by health authorities and institutions.
The Safe-T-Pro Plus Lancets come in a box with 200 single-use devices and are suitable for use with adults, children under 1 year, and neonates. They have adjustable depth settings, allowing blood sampling according to the patient's skin condition. The lancets have a beveled needle cut and diameter that aims to minimize pain during blood sampling.
Use and Dosage
The Accu-Chek Safe-T-Pro plus Lancets are single-use devices and should be disposed of properly according to local disposal procedures.
To use Safe T Pro Lancets, such as the Accu-Chek Safe-T-Pro Plus Lancets, follow these general steps:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before starting the process.
- Prepare the lancet device by removing the protective cap.
- Select the desired depth setting on the lancet device. The Safe-T-Pro Plus Lancets typically have three adjustable depth settings to accommodate different skin conditions and blood volume requirements. The depth settings can usually be adjusted by rotating a dial or similar mechanism on the device.
- Position the lancet device against the fingertip or, if the patient is a child under 1 year, against the heel. Ensure that the lancet is aligned with the desired puncture site.
- Press the lancet device firmly against the skin to activate the lancet. The device will automatically create a quick, small puncture to obtain a blood sample.
- Gently squeeze or massage the punctured area to encourage blood flow and facilitate sample collection.
Once the blood sample is obtained, follow proper disposal procedures for used lancets. Lancets are typically designed for single-use only and should be disposed of in accordance with local regulations and guidelines.
Common Side Effects of Safe T Pro (Lancets - non-Rx):
- Mild discomfort
- Slight bleeding at the puncture site
Forms and Strength
Safe T Pro (Lancets - non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Safe T Pro: Disposable Device/ Lancets
- No dose
- Lancets are typically designed for single-use only. Do not reuse lancets to avoid the risk of contamination and infection.
- After use, lancets should be disposed of safely and in accordance with local regulations. Do not dispose of lancets in regular trash or flush them down the toilet. Contact your local waste management and recycling center for guidance on proper disposal methods.
- Lancets have a sharp needle for puncturing the skin. Take precautions to avoid accidental needlestick injuries, such as handling lancets with care, activating them only when ready to use, and properly disposing of used lancets.
- Some lancet devices, including Safe T Pro Lancets, have adjustable depth settings. Ensure that you select the appropriate depth setting for your needs and follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- If you have any concerns, questions, or specific medical conditions, consult with a healthcare professional for guidance on the proper use of lancets and to ensure they are suitable for your individual needs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Are Safe T Pro Lancets sterile?
Yes, Safe T Pro Lancets are typically designed to be sterile to minimize the risk of infection. Ensure that the lancets are stored properly and not used if the packaging is damaged or expired.
How often should I change the lancet?
Use a new lancet for each blood sample to maintain sterility and reduce the risk of contamination. Single-use lancets like Safe T Pro Lancets should not be reused.
Are Safe T Pro Lancets suitable for children?
Safe T Pro Lancets may be suitable for children, but it is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the appropriate lancet device and depth setting for children.
Can I use Safe T Pro Lancets for glucose testing?
Safe T Pro Lancets can be used for various blood sampling purposes, including glucose testing. However, follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer and consult with a healthcare professional for specific guidance on glucose testing.
It's important to purchase Safe T Pro from verified Canadian pharmacy.