Table of contents:
Refresh Tears is available over the counter used to relieve dryness and irritation of the eyes by providing lubrication to the ocular surface. The drops contain a combination of lubricants, including carboxymethylcellulose sodium, and glycerin that work together to provide long-lasting relief for dry and irritated eyes. It helps keep the eye moist, helps to protect the eye from injury and infection, and decreases symptoms of dry eyes such as burning, itching, and feeling as if something is in the eye.
Uses and Dosage
Refresh Tears is an eye medication that is typically used 1 to 2 times daily as needed. If using an ointment once a day, it may be best to use it at bedtime. To use Refresh Tears eye drops, follow these steps:
- Wash your hands to ensure cleanliness and prevent the introduction of any bacteria or other contaminants.
- Open the bottle by twisting the cap off.
- Tilt your head back or lie down and look up.
- Use your index finger or thumb to gently pull down your lower eyelid to create a small pocket.
- Hold the eye drop bottle upside down over your eye, making sure the dropper tip does not touch your eye, eyelid, or any other surface.
- Squeeze the bottle to release one drop into your eye. Only use the number of drops recommended by your doctor or as indicated on the label.
- Close your eye for a few seconds to allow the drop to spread across your eye.
- Gently press your finger against the inner corner of your eye near your nose, to prevent the drop from draining down into your tear duct.
- Repeat with the other eye, if necessary.
- Replace the cap on the bottle and store it according to the instructions on the label.
If you have any concerns about how to use Refresh Tears eye drops or if you experience any adverse reactions, you should consult your doctor or a qualified health professional.
Serious Side Effects of Refresh Tears (Non-Rx):
- Blurred vision.
- Eye redness or discomfort or other irritation does not present before use of this medicine.
- Increased sensitivity of eyes to light.
- Matting or stickiness of eyelashes.
- Swelling of eyelids.
- Watering of eyes
Form and Strength
Refresh Tears (Non-Rx) is available in the following forms and strength
· Refresh Tears: Drops
- No dose
- Refresh Tears is applied for external use only, meaning that they are not intended to be ingested or applied to any part of the body other than the eyes.
- You should not touch the tip of the container on any surface to avoid contamination. Additionally, you should replace the cap after using the product. Prevent the introduction of potentially harmful bacteria or other contaminants into the bottle.
- If the solution of Refresh Tears changes color or becomes cloudy, do not use it. Changes in the eye drops' appearance could indicate that the product has been contaminated or that its effectiveness has been compromised.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist before using Refresh Tears if you have any allergies, as the product may contain inactive ingredients that could cause allergic reactions or other issues. To obtain further details, it is advisable to consult with your pharmacist.
- After you apply Refresh Tears, your vision may become temporarily blurred. Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires clear vision until you can do it safely.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How many drops of REFRESH TEARS per day?
Adults and Children. 1–2 drops in affected eye(s) as needed.
How long can I use REFRESH TEARS?
Use before expiration date marked on container. Discard 90 days after opening. Store at 59°-77°F (15°-25°C).
Can you use Refresh eye drops every day?
Long-term use of artificial tears isn't recommended and, in some cases, can make dry eyes worse
It's important to purchase Refresh Tears from verified Canadian pharmacy.