Table of contents:
Monistat 3 Vaginal Cream is a medication used to treat vaginal yeast infections. It relieves the symptoms of itching, burning, and white discharge caused by candidiasis. The cream contains an active ingredient called miconazole nitrate, which kills the fungus that causes the infection. It works by stopping the growth of yeast (fungus) that causes a vaginal yeast infection.
The cream is typically used over the course of 3 days, with one prefilled cream applicator per day. Monistat 3 is a regular strength treatment option for yeast infections and is one of the most popular treatments on the market.
Use and Dosage
Monistat 3 Vaginal Cream is for use in the vagina. It may also include a tube of external cream for itch relief. To use Monistat 3 Vaginal Cream Prefilled Cream Applicators, follow these steps:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water.
- Open the package and remove one pre-filled cream applicator.
- Remove the cap from the applicator tip.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and gently insert the applicator into your vagina as far as it will comfortably go.
- Squeeze the applicator to release the cream into your vagina.
- Slowly remove the applicator from your vagina.
- Discard the applicator in the trash.
- Repeat this process for three consecutive nights, or as directed by your healthcare provider.
Note that Monistat 3 Vaginal Cream Prefilled Cream Applicators are for vaginal use only and should not be applied externally. If you experience any unusual discomfort or side effects while using this product, stop using it immediately and consult with your healthcare provider.
Common Side Effects of Monistat 3 Vaginal Cream (Miconazole Nitrate non - Rx):
- Vaginal or genital burning, itching, or irritation
Serious Side Effects of Monistat 3 Vaginal Cream (Miconazole Nitrate non - Rx):
- Abdominal cramps
- Burning sensation or blisters
- Skin rash
Forms and Strength
Monistat 3 Vaginal Cream (Miconazole Nitrate non - Rx) is available in the following forms and strength:
Monistat 3 Vaginal Cream: Prefilled Cream Applicators
- Do not use Monistat 3 if it is not prescribed for you, or if you have never had a vaginal yeast infection diagnosed by a doctor.
- Consult your doctor before using Monistat 3 if you have any medical conditions or allergies, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use Monistat 3 if you have fever, abdominal pain, foul-smelling discharge, or if the infection does not improve after use.
- Inform your doctor if you experience any side effects or if your symptoms worsen or do not improve after using Monistat 3.
- Use Monistat 3 as directed by your doctor or as indicated on the product label.
- Avoid using Monistat 3 if you have a known sensitivity to imidazole antifungal drugs.
- Monistat 3 may cause side effects such as itching, burning, and irritation, which may worsen if you use perfumed soaps, douches, or other vaginal products while using the medication.
- If you experience symptoms such as hives, difficulty breathing, or swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat while using Monistat 3, seek medical attention immediately as these may be signs of an allergic reaction.
- Avoid sexual activity or use condoms during treatment with Monistat 3 to avoid spreading the infection or causing irritation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How long does it take for Monistat 3 to work?
Monistat 3 is a three-day treatment, and symptoms may improve as early as the first day of treatment. However, use the medication for the full three days as directed.
How often should I use Monistat 3?
Monistat 3 should be used once daily at bedtime, for three consecutive days. Complete the full course of treatment even if symptoms improve before the end of the treatment.
Can I use Monistat 3 if I have my period?
It is generally recommended to avoid using Monistat 3 during your period, as it may not be as effective and can be more difficult to use. If you are unsure, it's best to check with your doctor.
Can I use Monistat 3 for a vaginal infection other than a yeast infection?
Monistat 3 should only be used for the treatment of vaginal yeast infections. If you are experiencing symptoms of a different infection, seek medical advice from your doctor.
Can I use Monistat 3 if I am allergic to other antifungal medications?
If you have a known sensitivity to imidazole antifungal drugs, you should avoid using Monistat 3 and speak to your doctor about alternative treatments.
It's important to purchase Monistat 3 Vaginal Cream from verified Canadian pharmacy.