Table of contents:
Loceryl Nail Lacquer is an antifungal nail lacquer used to treat fungal infections of the nails, also known as onychomycosis. It treats fungal infections such as athlete’s foot and Dermatomycosis that affects the nails. The active ingredient in Loceryl Nail Lacquer is amorolfine, which is a broad-spectrum antifungal agent that helps to kill the fungi that cause nail infections.
Loceryl Nail Lacquer is applied to the affected nails once or twice a week and forms a waterproof, protective layer that helps the active ingredient to penetrate the nail and attack the fungi.
Use and Dosage
Loceryl should be applied to the affected finger or toenails once or twice a week exactly as directed by your doctor.
- File down your nail surface as much as you can, using the file provided. Try to file the infected areas and the surface of the nail.
- Using one of the provided swabs, clean the nail surface.
- Repeat the first two steps for any nails which are infected.
- Dip the applicator into the bottle and apply it to the entire surface of the nail. Do this for each infected nail.
- Leave it to dry. It should take around 3 minutes to dry, but if you want to apply cosmetic nail varnish you should give it 10 minutes.
- Clean the reusable applicator with the swab you used to clean your nail surface.
- Close the bottle tightly and dispose of the swab.
When you need to use Loceryl again, re-apply the lacquer in the steps shown above.
Common Side Effects of Loceryl Nail Lacquer (Amorolfine):
- Blisters on skin
- Burning sensation
- Erythema (skin redness)
- Nail disorder
- Red spots on skin
- Skin irritation
- Skin rash
Forms and Strength
Loceryl Nail Lacquer (Amorolfine) is available in the following forms and strength:
Loceryl Nail Lacquer: Medicated Nail Lacquer
- Use the medication exactly as directed by the doctor or as indicated on the packaging.
- Do not use Loceryl Nail Lacquer if you are allergic to amorolfine or any of the other ingredients in the product.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should consult a doctor before using the medication.
- Be careful not to apply the lacquer to any areas of skin around the nails as it may cause irritation or a rash.
- Loceryl Nail Lacquer may take several weeks or months of treatment for the nail infection to improve and continue using the medication for the full course of treatment even if the symptoms improve.
- If you experience any side effects or an allergic reaction, such as swelling, itching, or hives, stop using the medication and seek medical attention immediately.
- Avoid using nail polish or artificial nails while using Loceryl Nail Lacquer, as they can interfere with the medication's effectiveness.
- Do not use the medication on damaged or infected skin and avoid contact with eyes, mouth, and mucous membranes.
- Do not use Loceryl Nail Lacquer in children under the age of 18, unless directed by a doctor.
- Loceryl Nail Lacquer may interact with other medications or supplements, inform your healthcare provider or pharmacist about any other medications, or supplements you are taking.
- Keep the medication away from heat, flame, and direct sunlight, and out of reach of children. Remember to always follow the instructions and guidelines provided by your healthcare provider and/or the product packaging.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Should I see a doctor before using Loceryl Nail Lacquer?
Consult a doctor before using any medication, particularly if you have any medical conditions or are taking other medications.
Can Loceryl Nail Lacquer be used in children?
The use of Loceryl Nail Lacquer in children under the age of 18 should be directed by a doctor.
How long should I use Loceryl Nail Lacquer?
It usually takes around 6 months for fingernails to grow back, and around 9-12 months for toenails. How long it takes your fungal infection to clear will depend on the severity of the infection.
Can I apply the lacquer to areas of skin around the nails?
No, the medication should only be applied to the affected nails and not to any areas of skin around the nails.
It's important to purchase Loceryl Nail Lacquer from verified Canadian pharmacy.