Table of contents:
Lidex solution is a topical medication used to treat various skin conditions, including eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, allergies, and rash. It reduces swelling, itching, and redness that can occur in these types of conditions.
Lidex solution contains the active ingredient fluocinonide, which is a strong corticosteroid. It works by reducing inflammation and suppressing the immune system, which can help to alleviate symptoms such as swelling, redness, and itching. More specifically, fluocinonide works by binding to certain receptors in the body that are involved in the inflammatory response, thereby inhibiting the production and release of certain chemicals that cause inflammation and immune activation.
Lidex solution is only available with a prescription and should only be used as directed by a medical professional.
Use and Dosage
Fluocinonide Solution is available in a concentration of 0.05% and is applied to the affected area of the skin as directed by a healthcare professional. It usually is applied one to four times a day. It is only for use on the skin. Do not let fluocinonide topical get into your eyes or mouth and do not swallow it. Avoid use on the face, in the genital and rectal areas, and in skin creases and armpits unless directed by your doctor.
To use Lidex Solution (Fluocinonide):
- You should first clean and dry the affected area.
- Then, use a clean cloth or cotton swab to apply a thin layer of the solution to the affected area.
- Gently massage the solution into the skin until it is absorbed.
The exact dosage and duration of treatment will depend on the severity of the condition being treated and other individualized factors.
Use fluocinonide topical exactly as directed. Do not use more or less of it or use it more often than prescribed by your doctor. Do not apply it to other areas of your body or wrap or use it to treat other skin conditions unless directed to do so by your doctor.
Common Side Effects of Lidex Solution (Fluocinonide):
- Bruising or shiny skin
- Burning, itching, irritation, redness, or drying or cracking of the skin
- Change in skin color
- Small white or red bumps on the skin
- Tiny red bumps or rash around the mouth
Serious Side Effects of Lidex Solution (Fluocinonide):
- Changes in the way fat is spread around the body
- Depression and irritability
- Muscle weakness
- Redness, swelling, oozing pus or other signs of skin infection in the place where you applied fluocinonide
- Severe skin rash
- Sudden weight gain
- Unusual tiredness
Forms and Strength
Lidex Solution (Fluocinonide) is available in the following forms and strength:
- Lidex Solution should only be used as directed by a healthcare professional.
- Do not use Lidex Solution on the face, underarms, groin, or diaper area unless directed to do so by a medical professional.
- Lidex Solution should not be used on open wounds or areas of skin that are infected.
- Long-term use of this medication may lead to skin thinning, stretch marks, or other side effects.
- Lidex Solution may interact with other medications, so it is important to inform your healthcare provider of any other medications you are taking.
- Inform your healthcare provider if you have any allergies or medical conditions before using Lidex Solution.
- Always follow the prescribed dosage and the recommended duration of treatment. Do not use more than the prescribed amount without consulting with your healthcare provider.
- Side effects may include burning, stinging, or irritation at the site of application, as well as other side effects such as rash, hives, swelling, or difficulty breathing. If any of these occur, seek medical attention immediately.
- Lidex Solution may suppress the body's immune system, inform your healthcare provider if you have any infections or diseases that affect the immune system.
- Lidex Solution should not be used in pregnant or breastfeeding women without consulting with a healthcare professional.
- Lidex Solution may cause some rare but serious side effects such as increased blood sugar levels, Cushing's syndrome, or adrenal suppression, which may lead to weight gain, muscle weakness, and other symptoms.
- Lidex Solution should be stored at room temperature in a dry place away from light, heat, or moisture.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How should Lidex Solution be applied to the affected area?
Lidex Solution should be applied to the affected area using a clean cloth or cotton swab and gently massaged into the skin.
Can Lidex Solution be used to treat eczema?
Yes, Lidex Solution is a potent corticosteroid medication that can be used to treat eczema and other skin conditions.
Is Lidex Solution safe for children?
Lidex Solution can be used to treat certain skin conditions in children, but the dosage and duration of treatment may need to be adjusted based on the child's age and weight.
How long Lidex Solution should be used for?
Lidex Solution should not be used for longer than the prescribed duration of treatment, as long-term use may lead to side effects.
Is Lidex Solution suitable for everyone?
Lidex Solution may not be suitable for everyone, inform your healthcare provider of any medical conditions or allergies you have before starting treatment with this medication.
It's important to purchase Lidex Solution from verified Canadian pharmacy.